Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 28 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library, or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
What's New in Version 10.1
• 10 new Drummers that produce beats in a variety of electronic music and Hip Hop styles including House, Trap, Techno, Dubstep and more
• Over 100 EDM and Hip Hop-inspired synthesizer Patches featuring the new Transform Pad Smart Control for sound morphing
• Record the movements of software instrument Smart Controls to capture performances of effect and tone adjustments
• 1,000 new Apple Loops from a variety of popular instruments and genres including EDM, Hip Hop, Indie, Disco, Funk, and Blues
• Share directly from GarageBand to Apple Music Connect*
• Adds support for Force Touch trackpad
• Resolves an issue which prevented the export of long recordings
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
* Requires Apple Music Connect account.
Loss of Legacy Presets
I really dislike this new version of Garage Band. I got a new hard drive on my computer and had to do a clean install of Yosemite and then downloaded Garage Band. Since I do not have the old version of Garage Band on my hard drive anymore all the legacy vocal presets are gone. All I wanted was to continue to use the podcast presets that cleaned up the sound from the shoddy microphone that Mac gives you with your iPhone, but alas those are not available to me anymore.
I have a lot of other issues with what mac had sone to controlling audio inputs and outputs in general too, but I will save that for another review. But seriously, why the heck would I create an “aggregate” input just to separate it in garage band?
When are you going to get rid of the visual knobs apple? It would be great if the gesture I make on my trackpad and mouse were visually coherent with what I see onscreen.
Great Music Creating Tool
I’ve been using this for a few months now and working on my EP. This has been my go to DAW for all my music creation. First and for most its definitely user friendly. Was a natural progression for me coming from an iPad and dabbling with music creation. After using that for a while I outgrew it and getting a Mac and copping GarageBand was a no brainer for me. I can create some broad ranges with this tool. Sticking with primarily RnB I was able to blend so many different styles to my craft making some great tracks… Great DAW once again.
I do hope for some newer beats and sounds on some future releases, but its definitely doing the job.
Seriously, this is great! I’m an amature composer and song writer and i’ve created some really nice sounding songs and score! And it’s not me that’s making them sound nice it’s the app with its GREAT sound quality and synthesizers! If I were to say one thing about it though it would be it could always use some more instruments. I would love to see a harpsichord as an option, or a basoon someday as an instrument you can choose. I hope they add some like that in next time, but otherwise this garageband update is REALLY nice!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 10.1
- Size: 911 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2004-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete Set of ContentFree