Garmin Connect™ is your one-stop source for health and fitness data. Whether you’re training for a race or tracking steps, it provides the information and inspiration you need to beat yesterday.
Once paired with a compatible(1) Garmin device, activity tracking is just the beginning of what Garmin Connect™ can do for you. You can create new workouts, build courses and even challenge your friends to compete, all within the app.
Garmin Connect™ is packed with useful features, including the ability to:
- View today’s health data in vivid detail on your personalized My Day page.
- Analyze your activities and their related statistics.(2)
- Create customized workouts and courses.
- Sync with other apps like MyFitnessPal and Strava.
- Review personal records for steps, distance and pace.
- Earn badges for accomplishments.
- See how you measure up to other Connect users with Insights.
- Get support for Garmin devices and their features.
Are you ready to join millions of users who walk, run, bike, hike and strive to beat yesterday? Learn more about Garmin devices and how they work with the Garmin Connect™ app at Garmin.com.
(1) See compatible devices at Garmin.com/BLE
(2) Activity tracking accuracy: Garmin.com/en-US/legal/atdisclaimer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Garmin Connect is constantly working to improve your experience and help you beat yesterday. This version includes bug fixes to improve device functionality, as well as features to support new Garmin devices.
Ratings and Reviews
It would be great if every other update didn’t break something
I’ve been a been a Garmin user for a long time and at times I really question my loyalty because their software updates for devices frequently cause new issues, loss of functions, etc. (Some issues have taken months to resolve, eg when Strava segments updates weren’t transferring to Garmin devices.) Why am I bringing up device software issues on an app review? It’s because the app has the same issues, eg I bought a Fenix 5 about 7-8 days ago and it was working great with this app, I had all the functionality that I was supposed to until I updated the Garmin app this morning. Now the weather and the Physio TrueUp functions aren’t syncing to the watch. All the rest of my software is up to date so it’s not another software issue. Stupid me, for forgetting how many times I’ve updated the app when everything was already good and only to have a month or two until it finally gets fixed. This cycle repeats itself with Garmin every few months. Apparently there is no testing before an update release. As such, I encourage all to ask “is everything working well? If yes, then do I really need to update the app?”
Great watch, great app
Very satisfied with both. I’m a marathoner so have had a few watches over the years and both are on par with the best ones I’ve experienced. I purchased this one because I’ve started to swim very regularly and Forerunner 930 had the best review on wirecutter. So far so good. I only swim in 50m pools, and on a rare occasion I get the impression that it may be slightly off. I say impression because on a long swim (2 hours/5 K) I can’t possibly count laps to validate my “suspicion”. There’s a great article in NYT in last month that explains why GPS readings have a margin of error and after reading that article I’m confident that no single device in the market is going to be 100% accurate in a pool 100% of the time. Only suggestion to Garmin is to increase the Font size. Stays charged up to 3 weeks. Happy to recommend.
Greatest product EVERRRR!!
I’ve had my VivoSmart HR for 18 months.. I have lost 52 lbs.. I am in my late 60’s and am in the greatest health! I do not take any meds nor do I smoke.. I have been so thrilled that my body looks like I’m forty ... as my Drs have told me! I am an incentive for our younger ones to “GET OUTSIDE AND MOOOOOVE”! What an accomplishment ! Thank You Garmin!! Also, this device is much better than the Plus, 3, or 4. PLZ keep making it... ❤️. I love my Smart HR! Love Power Walking to the sound of Nature... TRY THIS ONE ... It’s accurate and monitors your sleep which most people do not know how much rest they get and We ALL must rest well to feel good... keep it comin Garmin! Please make replacement bands more available .. in retail stores.. In love with my Garmin VivoSmart HR. Best investment ever!!
- Garmin International
- 558.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2018 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.