Garmin Smartphone Link
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Smartphone Link works with select Bluetooth®-enabled 2012 through 2017 Garmin devices, including:
• DriveSmart, DriveAssist, DriveLuxe
• nüvi 2417, 2467, 2497, 2498, 2517, 2559, 2567, 2577, 2589, 2597, 2598, 2599, 2689, 2699, 2789, 2797, 2798 with Backup Camera, 3597, 3598
• RV 660, 760
• zūmo 590, 595
• dēzl 570, 770
Some of these models require a software update, available at www.garmin.com/myDashboard.
Smartphone Link allows you to connect a compatible Garmin nüvi® and your iPhone®. Once linked, the nüvi uses your existing mobile data plan* to share information with your iPhone, including contacts, search results, favorite locations, your driving destination, and even your parking spot. With Smartphone Link, your nüvi can also access Garmin Live Services** for useful, real-time driving information.
Live Services for Real-Time Information
With Smartphone Link, your nüvi can access Garmin Live Services for up-to-date “live” information that can be useful while driving. Some services are free when you connect to Smartphone Link. Premium content and enhanced features are available through a one-time purchase. All information can be viewed within the app itself, on your iPhone.
Free Live Services include:
• Address sharing - Send locations and online search results from your phone to your nüvi, and navigate there
• Garmin Live Traffic
Avoid delays and find detours with the best-in-class real-time information. Garmin Live Traffic is updated every minute and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle
• Weather - View forecasts and current conditions
• Dynamic Off-Street Parking - Find parking close to your destination, including the number of spots available and current cost
• Last Mile - Remembers your parking spot and shows your destination, so you can find your way on foot and back again
Premium Live Services, available for a one-time*** purchase within the app, include:
• photoLive traffic cameras**
Look up live photos from over 10,000 traffic cameras in the U.S. and Canada, to see traffic and weather conditions
• Advanced Weather**
View detailed forecasts, current conditions and animated radar images, plus receive severe weather alerts
* Contact your mobile service provider for more information about your service plan’s data and roaming rates.
** Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Subscriptions required.
*** See https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=111441 for terms, conditions and limitations.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.7.1
The Bluetooth connection issue that prevented the navigator from connecting with the app after the restart has been fixed. Some minor UI issues have been fixed as well.
Enjoy your drive!
Worst Bluetooth Ever
It disconnects all the time, not my phone issue, my headset and radio stay connected constantly. Usually have to power it down and restart it. Then some times connects and disconnects within seconds. Not to mention have to go in and manually connect to GPS thru the settings on my phone, none of my other electronics do this, they connect on their own. Navigation is also a joke, faster setting will take routes that are longer in time than shortest.
Update: Still doesn’t work after “fix”!
Don’t waste your Money
Traffic doesn’t update. Icon disappears on app. Interface with gps is too fundamental. I find the only thing I use this for is to transfer destinations when the gps unit is out of reach. Google Maps are way more advanced. Save your money, buy more data and use your cell phone for google maps or ways. This app is really bad for a company like Garmin. Hope their aviation gps isn’t like this...🤔
My iPhone 7 will connect to my Nuvi for data over Bluetooth, but between 1 and 2 minutes later it drops the connection. Connection of the Nuvi to iPhone voice channel via Bluetooth has no issues and I can use the Nuvi as a hands free device with no issues. It is the data cnx that has issues.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 13, 2017
- Version: 2.7.1
- Size: 49.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Advanced Weather (North America)$4.99
- photoLive (United States)$4.99
- Advanced Weather$5.99
- Dynamic Off-Street Parking$5.99
- Safety Cameras (Australia and New Zealand)$9.99
- photoLive (Europe)$5.99