By Adair Systems, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GasHog is a utility for iPhone and iPod Touch to track the fuel economy of your vehicle.
GasHog allows you to enter the odometer reading and the amount of fuel added every time you add fuel, and it automatically calculates the fuel economy of your last tank, as well as historical averages. Additionally, GasHog offers tips for improving the fuel economy of your vehicle.
GasHog's features include:
- Simple and quick entry of odometer reading and fuel added
- Support for multiple vehicles
- Fuel cost tracking
- Support for English and Metric units, separate units for distance, fuel and economy
- International support with numbers and dates formatted to local custom
- Integrated tips for improving fuel economy
- Historical fuel economy statistics (last tank, last 30 days, last 6 months, all time)
GasHog does not require Internet connectivity for any of its features, and operates in areas with no mobile or WiFi coverage.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
Version 1.5.2 requires iPhone OS version 3.0. This version enhances compatibility with the new OS release, as well as introduces a more robust e-mail backup mechanism. This resolves an issue for some users with very large filling logs.
Great but needs more
I really like the simplicity of the app but would add more data input and results such as:
- total miles, total $ paid and total gallons used
- avg gas price (per fill up and per gallon)
- Calendar view to show multiple cars and fill up days
- avg miles driven between fill ups
- ability to choose/pick gas brand (76, Arco, etc.) and fuel type for each fill up (Prem, Reg, etc.)
Great app and fair priced
I have been using this app for around a year now. Works great as advertised and they are prompt with their updates. Simple and efficient way of keeping track of your mileage. One of the few paid apps that I have and worth the money!
This app has been very useful. It's great to see how much I'm spending at the pumps and what my gas mileage is, especially as gas keeps getting more expensive. I'm very happy with the update that let's you input the numbers on a keypad instead of the scroll wheel.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 01, 2009
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 0.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Adair Systems, LLC
- © 2008 Adair Systems, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.