Gboard — a new keyboard from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• Gboard will remember words you type to help you with spelling or to predict searches you might be interested, but this data is stored only on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps other than Gboard.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
What's New in Version 1.2.3
• Bug fixes and performances improvements
• New themes—check out some of the breathtaking landscape themes we’ve added!
• 3D Touch—you can now move your cursor by hard pressing and sliding your finger anywhere on the keyboard
• New iOS 10 Emojis—Gboard has been updated with the new iOS 10 emojis
• Search and share contacts—ever had someone ask you to share a phone number? With Gboard, you can easily search and share your contacts without leaving your conversation. To get started, open the app, tap “search settings” and turn “Contacts search” on.
Works great on iPhone but infuriating on iPad Pro!
I absolutely love using this keyboard over the standard apple keyboard on the iPhone, I mainly got it to eliminate the handwritten message "feature" when you flip the iPhone to landscape orientation. The swipe feature works amazingly well, and the search feature for emojis makes finding them a breeze now I use more emojis than ever before. The .gif search is great for adding hilarious .gif's to texts and I use it all the time.
Now I cant stand using this keyboard on my iPad Pro when I am trying to use the smart keyboard as my primary text input device. Everytime I have the keyboard connected and in landscape the on-screen keyboard pops up whenever I try to input any sort of text! This never happened when using the standard apple keyboard and every time it happens I get more and more frustrated with it. And until Google comes out with an update to resolve this issue I will be going back to the built in apple keyboard for my iPad.
It works and it's great!
I'm not a huge fan of Google, so Gboard wasn't my first choice, but since Flesky is no more and the developer of SwiftKey seems to be on an extended vacation, Gboard it is. This keyboard ticks all the right boxes as far as features, and is reliable and fast.
It has a swipe feature called "glide" which works as good if not better than others. It's great for one handee typing if you have a Plus sized phone.
It has a little period key down by the return key like many third-party keyboards. Hold it down and you not only get the other end-of-sentence punctuation, but also several other keys usually only found in the 123 keyboard screen. Very nice.
Push down on your 3D Touch enabled iPhone and you can move the text cursor around similar to the way you can with the built-in keyboard. It can only go horizontal, but it's zippy and accurate, so I'll take it.
The keyboard has several background images to use as wallpapers to decorate the keyboard with. More importantly it has a dark theme which is what I use.
It types as fast as the built-in keyboard and the predictive typing is as good if not better.
Absolutely love it!!
Google, you've done a bloody brilliant job with this feature packed keyboard. It's got it all! The integrated search bar is ingenious, it's so awesome! Google up gifs, images, articles, even emojis without having to open your browser... It saves time, by far the least glitchy keyboard out there, and is fully customisable too! There are other apps out there that have a gif keyboard or swipe typing, but they don't have it all unlike this keyboard.
Just two things though. It would be amazing if key borders could be removed from the preloaded themes as well and if the keyboard had dictation available. That's it. Apart from that, I cannot comprehend typing on my iPhone without this ever! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 22, 2016
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 117 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.