Gboard — a new keyboard from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
What's New in Version 1.6.0
• Gboard now supports Norwegian!
the best keyboard app there is
i dont know how much greater this app can get. its not glitchy, campatable with other apps, etc. additionally, the glide typing is extremely smart and rarely makes mistakes in the word choice, AND learns not to autocorrect into different words you have manually typed before. you can customize your keyboard into whatever look you want (though the options are limited, i wouldnt say its a big deal) and you can adjust the settings, which are exactly the same as the apple keyboard, making it super efficient. and of course, there's the emoji search which automatically gives this app extra points, and the google search and send is what makes this app, well, what it is. overall, im using this keyboard forever --- it has everything the apple keyboard has and everything it doesn't have. I'm actually using it right now, lol.
Flawed but has potential
23 June 2017: any chance of a Dvorak keyboard?
2 April 2017: the swipe typing is still retarded and seems to make up words to screw with me. If Apple came up with a swipe alternative, it would likely be better and this app would die.
25 March 2017: the swipe typing is a great concept but Google's implementation just doesn't work. The suggestions and assumptions are nearly always wrong and I spend more time correcting words in a swiped message than I would have if I one finger pecked the message.
This thing is supposed to learn from me but it seems like the only thing it is learning are the misspelled words it seems to have created.
Until the swipe typing predictive text improves to a level of usability, I have no choice but to give this one star.
Where pressing the N key, the keyboard seems to have an odd tolerance for expecting the space key and the predictive text doesn't account for accidental space entry.
The predictive text can be moronic at times, replacing words with nonexistant creations.
If Google actually focuses on the issues, this could be a good keyboard.
Gboard It's Great and Fast
It goes beyond predictive text. It almost reads your mind‼️
To date I have not found another glide board that is as quick and accurate as G board. I usually use it on my iPhone 6S plus.
The only problem I have found with G board is using it with a second or third generation iPad. While using it with iPad it tends to load slowly and takes a few seconds to actually function. However once started it works just as well as with my iPhone. Thank you google team!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 23, 2017
- Version: 1.6.0
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.