By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
What's New in Version 1.13.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Great replacement for iOS keyboard
I searched and tried so many keyboards after the iOS update with numbers into the letter keys. I kept hitting them the wrong way and getting weird text characters and the undo key would pop up and I hit that instead of the space-bar. After hundreds of paragraphs were deleted in a lot of messages I finally had it!
My sister showed me this glide keyboards and I gave it a try.
Absolutely LOVE it.
I do wish it had a microphone icon for voice to text and a bold icon. Also I would like to edit out one of the words it always thinks I am trying to type. But other than that it rocks. And I type so much faster and mostly mistake free.
One hand mode.
I love this app too death, the only thing it needs is One Hand Mode. I have the Plus model and it can be a little rough to type with one hand while you drink your Starbucks coffee. Please make it happen, Google and I'll buy your Google Pixel.
Edit: it now has one hand mode. Thank you google. You the best.
Love the search function, but such there were more themes
This keyboard is fast and I've found myself dependent on the search function for when I'm texting. My only complaint is that the themes offered are just basic wallpaper images. Can we get high quality themes like SwiftKey? I left SwiftKey for gboard because it was more functional but I get tired of looking at it.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 12, 2017
- Version: 1.13.0
- Size: 173 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.