Gemini: The Duplicate Finder
By MacPaw Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Stop wasting space on duplicates. Gemini finds duplicates on your Mac and removes them. It’s quick, easy, and saves you hard drive space.
Compatible and optimized for OS X Yosemite!
“...Gemini does its job well, and with just the right amount of cheek, at that.” Macworld
“It could have looked like a dog and I would still have enjoyed the way that it worked, but having it look and feel as great as it does is a nice bonus.” TheNextWeb
“Gemini's speed is really impressive.“ TUAW
Featured in the Mac App Store Best of 2012
• Fast and accurate scanning algorithms
• Cleans iTunes and iPhoto libraries
• Works with external drives and network volumes
• Removes duplicate folders too!
• Auto Select all duplicates with one click
• Originals remain untouched
• An array of one-click, filter selection buttons
• Advanced contextual menu for power users
• Beautifully crafted, Retina-compatible design
• Drag and drop files, folders, or entire drives
• Data chart shows you what needs cleaning
• Watch your duplicates technically shred to pieces
• Sorting filters make scanning simple
• Control-click in Finder to select and scan
• Send duplicates to Trash or erase them completely
• Customizable select and ignore lists
• Built-in file preview mode makes selection easy
Remove duplicate files right now, once and for all, with Gemini: The Duplicate Finder!
What's New in Version 1.5.9
Improved iPhoto duplicate detection algorithm
Does what it claims and does it well.
If you have a large file library (and boy do I ever..) patience is a must when scanning. I start mine up before I go to bed and its definitely done by morning. I tend to not scan an entire drive at one time, preferring to focus on invidiual folders.. makes the scan time less painful and the number of files easier to work with. I love the clean interface and the animations are amusing without being overdone. Gotta love programmers with a sense of humor :) Anyway, RTFM and you shouldn’t have any problems using it. Its not rocket science, people. It guides you along the way.. I don’t think an app could be any easier to use.
When it comes to finding duplicates, this app made my day. I was dealing with a photo consolidation project, where I had photos strewn across multiple computers, Dropbox, iCloud, and more. I was able to point this app to each of the sources and delete all the duplicates. I was leary at first, so I made sure I had backups, but its consistency quickly made me realize I could trust it. Mine is just one use in a thousand, but I am really glad this tool exists for this purpose and I will be using it more often when dealing with all file types from now on.
Love it except….
Perhaps it is just me or how my mac is set up, but it has block features on so many things, that is protected so it cannot scan it. That is a bummer because this is greatly designed and scans fast and easy. If anyone knows of how to enable it to scan the forbidden sections with being safe to enable it to do so, please tell me how! I love this and would love to scan EVERYTHING! I would still download it. It will be useful for everyone. I just can’t use it in all files or all areas of my photos in which I need to the most.
Other than that... this is a ten star app!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 1.5.9
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: MacPaw Inc.
- © MacPaw Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor