Gemini: The Duplicate Finder
By MacPaw Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Stop wasting space on duplicates. Gemini finds duplicates on your Mac and removes them. It’s quick, easy, and saves you hard drive space.
Compatible and optimized for OS X Yosemite!
“...Gemini does its job well, and with just the right amount of cheek, at that.” Macworld
“It could have looked like a dog and I would still have enjoyed the way that it worked, but having it look and feel as great as it does is a nice bonus.” TheNextWeb
“Gemini's speed is really impressive.“ TUAW
Featured in the Mac App Store Best of 2012
• Fast and accurate scanning algorithms
• Cleans iTunes and iPhoto libraries
• Works with external drives and network volumes
• Removes duplicate folders too!
• Auto Select all duplicates with one click
• Originals remain untouched
• An array of one-click, filter selection buttons
• Advanced contextual menu for power users
• Beautifully crafted, Retina-compatible design
• Drag and drop files, folders, or entire drives
• Data chart shows you what needs cleaning
• Watch your duplicates technically shred to pieces
• Sorting filters make scanning simple
• Control-click in Finder to select and scan
• Send duplicates to Trash or erase them completely
• Customizable select and ignore lists
• Built-in file preview mode makes selection easy
Remove duplicate files right now, once and for all, with Gemini: The Duplicate Finder!
What's New in Version 1.5.12
• Ready for OS X El Capitan
Excellent piece of finding multiple duplicates fast
I have used duplicate finder for a few years and trust its findings. It has not deleted anything which affected my current profile settings, and definitely speeds us your large file transfers 2GB more easily. I notice it gets stuck when it finds 50GB or more; it could be my 16GB is inadequate for the task. I would also recommend using their other piece of software I use confidently, Clean my Drive; I have found a trick I would like to share 1. use duplicate finder first, then boot up clean my drive, and use the clean the trash button to empty the apple trash can much quicker; however, if you use this process, you can not go back to any more operations on duplicate finder, but the only option left is newest file and that usually is less than 3-5% of the duplicate population.
Use these software products together for a much more powerful and quicker maintenance of duplicate and system junk.
John Berger and I have no paid or unpaid dealings with this company. I have searched and tried many software utilities and these two are stables of my toolbox.
Great for upgraders
I have carried data over from computer after computer and am very paranoid about losing anything in transfers. I’ve wound up with nested duplicates all over the drive. It would take hours and hours to attempt to find and delete all of these duplicate files. Gemini dug throught my entire 1TB SSD in about 5 minutes and I managed to get 18GB of space back in one run. The program found many other duplicates that I wasnt quite sure about, so I left those, but I’m pretty darn happy to get that much space back! Great program, worth every penny, works great in El Capitan also.
Fantastic!!!! Version 1.5.12
Since downloading Gemini, I’ve used it a lot. It is very easy to use, very, very fast and it truly is FANTASTIC!!!! It was worth every penny and I HIGHLY recommend this app to anyone that wants to get rid of duplicate files that build up on your computer. It is an impeccable way to save space on your hard drive. You WON’T regret it at all!!!! It works PERFECTLY and yes I’m impressed!!!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 01, 2015
- Version: 1.5.12
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: MacPaw Inc.
- © MacPaw Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor