By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Geo WPS allows to track your geographic position using OS X wi-fi geo-tracking and other available hardware inside and connected to your Mac to detect your coordinate in the best precise way via Apple core location.
Geo WPS shows your position over a zoomable OpenLayers map.
The map is updated live from the internet (almost all the world is mapped to a very high level) with possibility to zoom up to 18 levels.
It can work with any Mac with airport turned on (to detect correct location) and an available internet connection (using any kind of connection, not necessarily via the airport, which is required to be ON just to detect the presence of wi-fi stations around, just the presence, it does NOT connect to them)
In some way Geo WPS reassemble GPS features without a GPS (it can works only in area with mapped wi-fi signals, typically urban areas ) even when the sky is not visible (in GPS system visibility of sky is mandatory)
It works perfectly in closed environments if it detects mapped wi-fi stations around.
The map can be shown with the zoom level you prefer and maintaining this zoom level during position upgrade.
The map can scroll maintaining your position at the window center when you are moving (providing you are net connected, to calculate your position and show the current location map).
The map is interactive and user can drag scroll and drag zoom.
• Uses the standard Apple core location library
• Continuously updates your position showing it on a map
• Doesn't requires an established wi-fi connection, just airport turned ON to detects wi-fi around
• It can work using your wireless modem (usb key or bluetooth modem) to query for your position via internet
• Zoomable map of the world with your position
• Show any place in an interactive movable graphical map
• Works also in closed environments
• Based on a open map format
• PDF Manual embedded in the app included
Geo WPS requires OS X 10.8 or successive
Money back if you buy and you don't like it!
What's New in Version 1.1
- New Refresh command
- Faster refresh at high zoom level and at window resizing
- Improved behaviour
- Bug fix
- Sandboxed release