GeoTagr ~ Versatile photo geotagging
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Digital photo collections can grow rapidly. Remembering where you took all those photos can become a chore. Most cameras don't tag your photos automatically, so you'll need something to help you out.
That's where GeoTagr comes to the rescue. GeoTagr tags your photos with the location where you made them (a.k.a. geotagging).
GeoTagr supports 6000+ types of digital cameras and geotags iPhone, iPad, Mac, Dropbox, Flickr and SmugMug photos.
- Record your location with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch while you make photos with a digital camera
- Geotag those photos no matter where you manage them (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Dropbox, Flickr, SmugMug)
- Support for JPEG and RAW photos
- Export GPX files (iTunes Sharing, Dropbox, Mail, browser)
- Import GPX files (iTunes Sharing, Dropbox, Mail, …) e.g. generated by a dedicated GPS data logger
- Geotags photos on your iPad, including photos imported with the Camera Connection Kit
- Record your location with an iPhone or iPod touch and seamlessly use those locations to geotag photos on your iPad (via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi)
- 3 recording modes on iPhone and iPod touch for optimal balance between accuracy and battery life
- Pause and resume when recording locations
- While recording, shows an estimate for the remaining battery time
- Background recording
- Track management
- Today extension for quick access
- Geotags photos on your Mac over Wi-Fi via standard OS X File Sharing
- All maps have 3 modes: Standard, Satellite, Hybrid
- Comprehensive built-in Help section
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7
- Removed Google+ Photos support as that service will shut down.
- Now also available in Japanese.
If you like GeoTagr, please take the time to give us a nice review. It really helps.
The best geotagging app! Watch app please!
This is one of my most valuable apps on the iPad and iPhone.
Just please release an Apple watch app! It's about time! It doesn't need to have a lot of features. Simply starting/pausing/stopping track would be great!
Following my overall review for the app:
It is great! Simple 'apple-like' design. Very functional as well! You can export a gpx via various ways (email, dropbox...) or you can tag your photos directly if you have a mac. Just make a folder on the desktop, put the pictures inside, include the folder in the os x system preferences' sharing tab and then just go to the app and choose the mac shared folder option! It then automatically adds the location data to the photos, after which they are ready to be imported into aperture/lightroom and there they are displayed on the map.
You also have an option to tag photos on ipad. Imagine this: you take pics and record your track with your iphone, you import the pics into your ipad with the camera connection kit, then you just start the app on both devices and push the button! It is that simple to add location to your photos!
And you pay just 5$ for the app, not 500$ for the canon's/nikon's gps device...
Great e-mail support as well! The developer is very nice, responds quickly and helps every time! If you want a new feature, you can request it!
GeoTagr has never let me down, even when other apps have. When tracking absolutely, positively has to work, I use GeoTagr.
It’s perfect for photography, as well as tracking hikes and road trips. It estimates remaining battery, uploads tracks to Dropbox, and offers a clock readout for synchronizing my camera.
does not work well..
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 28, 2015
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 10.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Chris Cornelis
- © 2008-2015 Galarina
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.