By Benjohn Barnes
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Want to get fit and feel fantastic? Want to add some fresh air to your exercise? Then Get Running with the best Couch to 5k App!
With three enjoyable workouts a week, in nine weeks you will be running continuously for half an hour, even if getting off the couch is a struggle today!
Get Running breaks through the “beginning barrier” with its enormously popular Couch to 5k running plan. In week one’s workouts you'll alternate one minute of running with 90 seconds of walking. With each new week, Get Running’s human voice coach gradually builds up your pace, until you’re running for a whole half-hour!
Get Running is the only Couch to 5K App that:
• Coaches like a human – with hundreds of studio-recorded progress and encouragement prompts.
• Supports and encourages you – talk with fellow running rookies on the Get Running forum.
• Lets you share (NEW!) – share Get Running with up to three other runners: you all get your own log and settings!
• Helps you plan – rest days help you recover, and Get Running knows the best day for your next run.
• Displays your next move – the unique Run Clock, customised for each workout, gives complete visibility and understanding.
In addition, Get Running:
• Works with or without music. Or listen to podcasts and audio books.
• Fits your schedule – just three workouts a week of 20 to 30 minutes.
• Logs your achievements – with an illuminating visual record of your progress.
Thousands of people have changed their lives with Get Running and you will too! Whether you’re running for your health, training for a 5K, or building to conquer a marathon — Get Running!
Get Running's users say:
• Just finished week 9 run 3 and all I can say is this app changed my life. Great job.
• I LOVE your app. I have tried several but Yours is the BEST for me. I am 60 years young this year & a cancer survivor. I have set the goal to run 5 K races. I use your program as my trainer, it is SUPER. Thank You. – Vickie Wheeler by email
• I tried the top selling "Couch to 5k" App before I purchased this one, and this one is much nicer to use. The voice reminders are very helpful. I like how it pauses your music instead of talking over it. I highly recommend it over the others.
• Thank you so much for this little gem of an app. I had a look at others like it but this wins hands down. It is so brilliantly simple with a great interface.
• Thank you! This app has changed my life. I was unfit and didn't do any regular exercise. I always blamed my asthma for being the reason I couldn't run for longer than a minute, but now I know it's because I was unfit! I have signed up for a 5k race too! – @amyriddett on Twitter
• Really great app. I'm actually looking forward to running. I listen to podcasts and this app is terrific at pausing the show to make it's announcements. I don't miss anything that was said. Outstanding.
What's New in Version 1.12.1
• Get Running 1.12.1 is a 64 bit App for your fantastic 64bit device.
• This update has a completely new audio implementation. It's been entirely replaced for even greater reliability. Music will fade down while Get Running coaches you, then fade back in, to help you keep exercising. Audio books and podcast content will temporarily pause while Get Running coaches you, and then resume, so you never miss a word.
• Get Running 1.12.0 has various tweaks to the user interface.
Thanks for your support, and happy running!
Outstanding way to enter the running world
If you are looking for a way to ease into running - this program is certainly that!
Excellent guidance, pace, timing and growth.
Highly recommend for the beginner who has put off running in the past or has tried and failed because they were too aggressive and/or found themselves with an related to poor training.
Excellent and simple
If you want a solid C25K app that's easy to use, without all the BS and terrible design of so many other apps, look no further. Still getting updates after many years. Thank you for an excellent app, one of my favorite app purchases!
Best simple running app
This app got me from not running to running a half an hour non stop. There something great and encouraging about the voice. Maybe it's the British accent. Not a lot of talking in between, just enough to keep you motivated.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 28, 2017
- Version: 1.12.1
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Benjohn Barnes
- © 2009 Benjohn Barnes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.