Get Running (Couch to 5K)
By Benjohn Barnes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to get fit and feel fantastic? Want to add some fresh air to your exercise? Then Get Running with the best Couch to 5k App!
With three enjoyable workouts a week, in nine weeks you will be running continuously for half an hour, even if getting off the couch is a struggle today!
Get Running breaks through the “beginning barrier” with its enormously popular Couch to 5k running plan. In week one’s workouts you'll alternate one minute of running with 90 seconds of walking. With each new week, Get Running’s human voice coach gradually builds up your pace, until you’re running for a whole half-hour!
Get Running is the only Couch to 5K App that:
• Coaches like a human – with hundreds of studio-recorded progress and encouragement prompts.
• Supports and encourages you – talk with fellow running rookies on the Get Running forum.
• Lets you share (NEW!) – share Get Running with up to three other runners: you all get your own log and settings!
• Helps you plan – rest days help you recover, and Get Running knows the best day for your next run.
• Displays your next move – the unique Run Clock, customised for each workout, gives complete visibility and understanding.
In addition, Get Running:
• Publishes your success – send updates to Twitter or Facebook, and have your friends remind you when the next run is due!
• Works with or without music – To adjust your music during a run, double press the Home button.
• Fits your schedule – just three workouts a week of 20 to 30 minutes.
• Logs your achievements – with an illuminating visual record of your progress.
Thousands of people have changed their lives with Get Running and you will too! Whether you’re running for your health, training for a 5K, or building to conquer a marathon — Get Running!
Get Running's users say:
• Just finished week 9 run 3 and all I can say is this app changed my life. Great job.
• I LOVE your app. I have tried several but Yours is the BEST for me. I am 60 years young this year & a cancer survivor. I have set the goal to run 5 K races. I use your program as my trainer, it is SUPER. Thank You. – Vickie Wheeler by email
• I tried the top selling "Couch to 5k" App before I purchased this one, and this one is much nicer to use. The voice reminders are very helpful. I like how it pauses your music instead of talking over it. I highly recommend it over the others.
• Thank you so much for this little gem of an app. I had a look at others like it but this wins hands down. It is so brilliantly simple with a great interface.
• Thank you! This app has changed my life. I was unfit and didn't do any regular exercise. I always blamed my asthma for being the reason I couldn't run for longer than a minute, but now I know it's because I was unfit! I have signed up for a 5k race too! – @amyriddett on Twitter
• Really great app. I'm actually looking forward to running. I listen to podcasts and this app is terrific at pausing the show to make it's announcements. I don't miss anything that was said. Outstanding.
What's New in Version 1.11.0
This is a major bug fix for iOS 7 and Facebook sign-in issues. We've tweaked the user interface for iOS 7 too, but there are more improvements in the pipeline…
Thank you for your awesome feedback and suggestions. You are wonderful customers!
Get Running team
This app has literally gotten me off the couch and headed toward my first 5K and I'm very excited about it! I always heard claims about how great people felt when they ran, but I never believed them! I believe them now! This app guides me exactly where I need guidance! The reminders are always at the right time to keep me going! I have tried to start running before but I had no idea where to start so I never stuck with it! Now, I literally look forward to the days I "get to" run!!! Let me tell you, I was relatively positive I would be the last person to utter those words, but I just did and it's all thanks to this app!!!
Customizable, Friendly, Works Great
This app is great, I found it through a running community on Reddit a while ago. The highlights are it has a great coach, a simple but easy to understand UI, and the right amount of customizations. Don't want to be coached the whole time? Turn the coaching down to minimum. Want your audio to fade instead of stop? Totally an option. And it looks pretty cool when it sits in your armband. I'm in week eight now and it'll be a sad day when I'm done with the program.
This is the app that got me started
I started my running habit with this get running app, I highly recommend this app because it talks you through. The voice coaching works very well. The habit of warming up is the best gift this app can give you. A five minute walk before your run will prevent many injuries. Thanks to this app I went from couch to marathon in one year and ultra-marathon in two years.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 16, 2013
- Version: 1.11.0
- Size: 21.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Benjohn Barnes
- © 2009 Benjohn Barnes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.