Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
GhostReader is an easy to use, fully customizable Text to Speech app that allows you to listen to written text on your Mac. Read selected texts from other applications, import texts in almost every format and listen to them on the go. Whether you’re a creative professional, teacher or simply prefer to listen to written texts, GhostReader’s intuitive design and extensive range of customization features help you to effortlessly save time, improve your work or enhance your learning experience.
GhostReader is currently localized in English and French, but can be used to read text with Text to Speech voices in many languages.
-- A fully functional 15-day trial version can be downloaded at http://www.convenienceware.com/ghostreader —
Read selected text aloud from any app
- Use the Services menu or Action extension to select and read text from any application
- Control GhostReader with system-wide shortcuts, even when GhostReader is running in the background
- Paus, rewind, fast forward and jump to next or previous paragraph
Let your Mac do the reading
- Import PDF, Word (doc/docx), plain text and RTF documents*
- Read texts with word highlighting and playback control
- Edit or save the selected text
Compose your own or personalize texts
- Use the intuitive formatting features to style your text
- Edit text quickly by using search and replace
- Zoom your text for easy reading and writing
Fine-tune your reading experience
- Adjust the pronunciation of words
- Choose a voice and adjust speech rate
- Read with word or sentence highlighting
Listen to your text anywhere you go
- Export your text to an iTunes audio file
- Create personal and educational podcasts
- Listen to the audio file on your phone, tablet or mp3 player
Protect your GhostReader documents
- Password protect the preferences
- Restrict access to text formatting
- Use read-only mode to prevent accidental editing
*Also reads odt, txt, utxt, and html documents
Upgrade to GhostReader Plus (in-app purchase) to get the following additional features:
-- Get more control with tags and bring your text to life --
Create beautiful audiobooks, lively podcasts or proof-read your screenplay with all characters having their own voice. Tags give you ultimate creative freedom making use of multiple voices, languages and other speech modifiers. All of this with just a few clicks.
-- Use multiple languages simultaneously --
Automatic Language Detection makes working with multilingual text a breeze. Also, with Tags you get full control over which language and voice to use at any moment. Prepare language exercises for pronunciation, grammar, syntax... practical and engaging for students and teachers.
What's New in Version 2.1
GhostReader 2.1 adds several user-requested features that make reading significantly easier and also brings a full French localization.
- Global shortcuts for playback control: assign system-wide shortcuts to control GhostReader from any application, even when GhostReader is running in the background
- Action extension for Mac OS 10.10 and later to quickly select and read text in applications that support extensions
- Fully translated into French
- Several small bug fixes, including the incorrect highlighting of text
Dont wast your money
I paied for the full version after the free trial but nothing changed!! the original set speed is way to fast. if you get the app dont buy it!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 02, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: ConvenienceWare B.V.
- © 2015 AssistiveWare
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to GhostReader Plus$19.99