By Hello, Resolven
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Praise from the internets:
* New and Noteworthy on Mac App Store, May 2013
* What's Hot on Mac App Store, May and June 2013
* MacWorld: 4/5, "GIF Brewery makes it a snap to convert video files into animated GIFs."
* Mac.AppStorm: 9/10, "A great app to create your own customizable animated GIFs."
* The Verge mention: "For OS X, we’ve been having fun with GIF Brewery ... It’s simple, intuitive"
* Buzzfeed article: "... impress your friends and win the hearts of many with your GIF-making prowess!"
GIF Brewery is the best video to GIF creator on Mac OS X. GIF Brewery lets you convert clips from your video files to GIFs. There is no more need for extracting frames from your movies and fiddling with Adobe Photoshop (tm). Let GIF Brewery do all the hard work for you.
See GIF Brewery in action at http://gifbrewery.com/ and http://helloresolven.com/portfolio/gifbrewery/.
* Convert clips from your videos into small GIF files.
* Resize or crop the video for your GIF.
* Add multiple captions or overlay images to the GIF.
* Create GIFs with your desired FPS or manually set the frame count and frame delay.
* Change the looping direction, such as normal playback, reverse, or even palindrome!
* Change the number of loops for the created GIF.
* Apply Core Image filters like Sepia or Color Correction.
* Save your settings for later edits.
* Supports Mac OS X 10.6+
* Makes your hip on Tumblr, assuming your GIFs are smaller than 1MB.
* GIF Brewery will not alter the original file and settings just impact the GIF.
* GIF Brewery can only open and create clips from movies that Quicktime can open and play. Apple provides a list of the file formats and codecs at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3775.
* Note, however, that GIF Brewery cannot open any DRM-protected files.
* If you are using Quicktime components, such as Perian, Flip4Mac, or 3ivx, you MUST make sure they are up-to-date and compatible with Apple's Sandbox. Out-dated components will lead to GIF Brewery crashing.
If you are having an issue with any of the codecs listed above, please contact us! Note: If you experience any crashes whatsoever please contact Hello, Resolven at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to diagnose the issue without help from effected users.
What's New in Version 2.3.4
The tiny brewers inside of GIF Brewery have bought some glasses and fixed some bugs. They've also decided to not go into the finance industry.
Also, GIF Brewery now names windows after the video opened (10.7+ only) and remembers default caption text.
Worked for me. Not the best UX
I fed it a ScreenFlow screencast MP4 and it worked just fine. The workflow was slightly convoluted (different windows for settings, source preview, output preview), and because of default settings not matching my input the resulting gif wasn’t great. But it just took a bit of trial and error to get a much better result.
this with quicktime screen capture lets you make really awesome animated GIFs for product pages on your website, including in emails, etc.
I have tried several apps & haven't had the success I've had with this app. Really easy, got it right off the bat.