Glympse - Share location with friends
By Glympse Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Glympse is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose.
When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view a Glympse. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device.
Awards & Press:
• "[Glympse] is one of those apps that's ingenious in its simplicity, insanely handy to have around, and just a little bit fun to boot.” –CNET Reviews
• "Glympse: The Coolest Thing Your Smartphone Can Do" –Fast Company
• Named one of “15 Best Mobile Apps of 2011” –Mashable
***** “This app is awesome... I use it to show people where I am, my eta, to coordinate several people meeting at the same place coming from different directions... It gives people peace of mind, and the option to see it in a web browser is awesome for those who don't yet have the app. Also, it's nice that you can set the Glympse to expire upon arrival for saved battery life.” – Bradley Dunham via iTunes
***** "Thanks u guys!!! This is so awesome! Now when my parents want to know where I am I just send them a Glymspe!!! Thnx!" --via Glympse Support
***** “I Glympse during bike races so my fam knows where to intercept me. When I'm heading back from a meeting, or when we are heading to other's location.” –98Buff via iTunes
***** “Absolutely LOVE this app! I take the bus home from work and my husband picks me up at the bus stop. I send a Glympse when I get on the bus and he can track the location. We also use it when we are running 5k, 10k and half marathon races. It works fabulously!” –via Glympse Support
• Easy: no sign-up required or friend lists to manage
• Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
• Live: share location in real-time
• Open: share with anyone – no app required to view
• Passive: runs in the background
• Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
• coordinate a night out with friends
• let your spouse know when you’ll be home from work
• negotiate an extra hour of curfew with your parents
• make sure a loved one knows you are safe while running or cycling
• find family members at a theme park
• provide a courtesy notice & ETA to a client when you are stuck in traffic
• share a charity run with followers on Facebook or Twitter
• direct emergency personnel to you quickly
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Glympse supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Please note that an iPhone or iPad 3G are best suited for sending Glympses as they have GPS for pinpoint location and can share your location while you are on the move.
• We LOVE TO HEAR FROM CUSTOMERS. If you have an issue or suggestion, please send us a mail at email@example.com or use the "Send us Feedback" feature in the app under Settings.
• More localized versions of Glympse are coming soon. If you would like to help translate Glympse to your language, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
What's New in Version 2.29
Bug fixes and stability enhancements
Platform independent & without a social net
Who could not love that? App does what it says and spells out out in the first opening use. Share your location without a special social network to anyone with a web browser. And yes, it hammers the Location Services so it’s going to use a lot of battery. I don’t understand the negative comments. Did you not think that real-time tracking would burn through battery? They could put an upper limit on the timer of ‘forever’ on, I suppose. If you want dedicated, long-term, location tracking, use Apple’s Find Friends — that’s what it’s for! The whole point of this app is to address the needs of people that don’t want yet another social network, don’t want to run dedicated apps to track a location (the trackee needs it running but, the tracker can use a browser), and don’t want something permanent or long term to deal with (can’t be stalked). Because it’s as close to realtime as you’re going to get, you get something Find Friends and other similar apps don’t give you: SPEED and tracking history (trail). With speed I can tell if someone is stuck in traffic, parked, etc. Oh, and this app works with the BMW & Mini IOS apps so, until Carplay is deployed, this is as close as you get to integration.
This app is awesome! Gives your exact location to whoever you want to share it with & shows how fast you're driving also! It's good for me because I work late so I always send my hubby a Glympse when I leave so he can see where I'm at incase I break down or anything and it'll give him directions to my exact location:) also shows you closest gas stations etc ! Highly recommend
Limited features, but cool
The reporting is limited to 4 hours. This is a major pain. Why do I have to keep resetting this app? Why can't I just report every hour forever? Or every day between 6pm and 8pm (commute time) at 15 min intervals? I'd like to do this only Monday-Friday (work days). The app needs a much better scheduler to automate location sharing without me having to constantly open it and actively share my location when I'm heading home. This app needs too much attention.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 04, 2014
- Version: 2.29
- Size: 16.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Glympse
- © 2012 Glympse Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.