Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organized
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.170604
• Save time with Smart Reply: Tap one of the three options to start your response -- hit send when done.
Yet another pointless update this week!
This will be my last review on this app as there's obviously no point in writing these because the folks at Google don't read them!
Still no changes on the following suggestions --
- emails are no longer modified to fit the screen or for mobile viewing, e.g. with some newsletters and subscribed emails, one must utilize pinch and zoom unlike before where they would easily fit the screen for easier reading, or the iOS device must be turned sideways.
- why can't emails in the trash folder be deleted? I don't want to select 'Empty Trash Now' to delete all my trashed emails. What if I only wish to delete one or a couple emails and keep the rest?
It's obvious that Google intends for this app to become more like their Inbox app so that they can eventually merge it with Inbox or get rid of the Gmail app altogether.
For me, going back to Apple Mail!
Edit - after innumerable updates, the following issues still remain: emails still cannot be deleted from the Trash folder. Why I cannot have control of deleting my own emails from the Trash folder is beyond me! Second issue: it would appear the Fit To Modify feature is now forever gone as some of my emails cannot even be read as the text/font is too small.
Really nothing to note or see here — returning to Apple Mail which seems to be suiting my emailing needs just fine, plus added bonus, my emails aren't scanned and read by Apple (privacy is respected there)!
The Gmail app used to be clean, streamlined, and easy to use. Now it is garish. Colors are ugly and hard on the eyes). They are restoring functionality with updates (still can't move emails to inbox after archiving though, which is annoying when you tap a wrong icon), but it is still just so hard to look at (and using the app is much less intuitive than the old version). The colors make me feel like I've wondered into the kiddie section of a tacky carnival.
Update: many months later, and you can't even print from the overhauled app. Seriously, why did Google ruin what used to be a highly functional app?
The current version posted on June 22. Trying to type and keep getting pop up saying an error. "Oops Something Wrong!" When im trying to type a email. Seems to started since the June 11 update. On current iOS using iPad Pro. Tried to uninstall and reinstall. With no fix. Tried to look for fix online. I had to go back to previous version. It's a shame they make it such a problem trying to role back to a previous version when it's too buggy!
So please fix this ASAP!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 22, 2017
- Version: 5.0.170604
- Size: 228 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.