Gmail - Email by Google
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.171020
• Gmail now shows a progress bar when sending from the Share Extension.
Best Free Email Tool
To me, nothing beats MS Outlook for ease, functionality, integration, calendar, etc. However, Gmail is generally easy, they don’t bombard users with ads, the app is terrific - it’s simply straightforward and not overly complicated or engineered like many tech organizations tend to do. Meaning, keep it simple and friendly to all generations. The cons are; can’t create or change the name of a folder via the app; no calendar invite (accept, decline, tentative feature), add alert to your smartphone calendar (or at least an easy to find and use); Gmail arbitrarily disappears from Google Home page. Again, I’m happy with the app, just spoiled with Outlook and most corporate servers now block all online email tools for security reasons. Google and Google Chrome - to me - are hands down the cleanest and best. Other browsers pepper a user with tons of pop ups, videos... I know my mother and in laws fear using other browsers. I hope Google remembers that they can continue to dominate and grab more market share by building their tools for all generations. Fast, simple, obvious and easy.
Hard to see the history
The worst thing about this App, that when I need to go back and read the history, I will have to go through a bunch of drafts and it takes me a while to find an email I am looking for. And often I can’t find what I am looking for, that is why I have to screenshot the important info. I wish I could just click on email and see the history only without clicking on every individual email and scrolling through all drafts. Today I received an email from google saying you are using not original app, I was so happy to hear it, because I thought yes, Google couldn't make such a awful App, I was so sad when I clicked on it and found out, that I am actually using an official one and this is the only one that is installed on my phone. I am writing it because I am really hoping that you can simplify this App.
UPDATE: ISSUED RESOLVED Love the app but it’s buggy
UPDATE! The issue of my review has been resolved and I have changed my review to 5 stars.
I’ve had the app for a while now. I appreciate having all of my Google based accounts in one place (with pushed notifications of receipt of email), but in the last week or so it has developed a very annoying bug.
When I receive an email, I get the red badge in the top right corner of the app’s icon (like all app notifications). HOWEVER, when I check my email and clear out the unread emails, the badge doesn’t go away. Not only is this SEVERELY annoying as I prefer to maintain a clean home screen, it causes me to check my email when unnecessary. This usually means using data and time that is clearly not needed as I don’t have unread emails.
I do like the functionality of the app, but I will not continue to use an app that creates unnecessary thought and slows productivity. To me, that is unacceptable and not the point. I humbly ask that Google fix this error or I will be forced to delete the app and go back to using the Apple Mail app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 07, 2017
- Version: 5.0.171020
- Size: 205 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.