Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organized
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.13
- 3D touch - hard press on the app icon to quickly compose a message
Yet another version change to hide bad reviews
Once more, Google has "updated" this app without any real changes, as they've been doing almost weekly. The only real impact of this is that the pile of negative reviews immediately become reviews of "previous versions".
One of the more recent changes is an inability to prevent automatic loading of images in messages. This allows spammers to confirm they have an active address and to know your rough location for their databases.
This app ceased to be a legitimate email app several months ago. Things you can't do:
- copy/paste text
- edit forwards (sometimes I need to remove headers for privacy reasons)
- add senders to contacts
And this doesn't even begin to address all the aesthetic and UI failures mentioned by other reviewers.
Until last fall, this was a five star app. The last several updates have removed vital functionality. In addition, they seem to be releasing a new update every couple of days (15, I think, since late November!) with no noticeable changes in what I can only assume is an attempt to minimize the impact of all be bad reviews (very few of them will then be for the "current version"). Google should be deeply ashamed of its shoddy work on this app.
Google is my preferred email provider with the best app to complement
Using an iPhone 7 128GB with iOS 10.1.1
I have multiple Gmail accounts including a work account and the gmail app makes it incredibly easy to switch between my accounts. I also am very fond of the new layout including the mark as unread button. Another big plus is how well Google Apps such as Maps, gmail, and hangouts integrate with each other on the iPhone. Google has done a great job improving gmail with their most recent application updates including features and performance.
Love my GMail
I've had my gmail for years and won't trade it, I have Yahoo email too, although I do like Yahoo because it's better at taking care of all the spam, I like the update of gmail for emptying trash & spam with a click. I would love that feature for inbox too, instead of having to select each email individually, on my phone, I do have it on my computer which is great but don't like the desk top version on my phone it's not convenient since its small lol, I know I can change the size, but don't want to how about adding that feature for the inbox?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 02, 2017
- Version: 5.0.13
- Size: 219 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.