Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organized
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.12
- 3D touch - hard press on the app icon to quickly compose a message
- Sent messages now include your Gmail web signature unless a mobile signature has been set up
- Hide sender images in your inbox (in settings)
- Swipe right/left to view the previous/next message
Good, but doesn't have all features
Really wish this app for the iPad had the ability to create filters for emails. Really annoying to try to have to request the desktop site on my chrome app just to go in and filter emails.
Also wish the other icons would show up on the side bar without having to expand it, but currently only new mail and everything show up. Would be more user friendly if there were more on the side, especially seeing as how there's plenty of space!
Yet another pointless update this week!
This will be my last review on this app as there's obviously no point in writing these because the folks at Google don't read them!
Still no changes on the following suggestions --
- emails are no longer modified to fit the screen or for mobile viewing, e.g. with some newsletters and subscribed emails, one must utilize pinch and zoom unlike before where they would easily fit the screen for easier reading, or the iOS device must be turned sideways.
- why can't emails in the trash folder be deleted? I don't want to select 'Empty Trash Now' to delete all my trashed emails. What if I only wish to delete one or a couple emails and keep the rest?
It's obvious that Google intends for this app to become more like their Inbox app so that they can eventually merge it with Inbox or get rid of the Gmail app altogether.
For me, going back to Apple Mail!
Gmail now lets spammers find you
This update opens the door for spammers to find you. That is because this app now auto-loads remote images and no longer gives you a way to turn that off.
They used to have a setting to disable this, now they don't. So spammers will know you tapped on their email and they will begin to send you more spam and hacking attempts. Also, marketers who want to know when you have read their email will now know, without your consent, thanks to this new app update.
Yuck, Google. You guys need to be better than that.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 21, 2017
- Version: 5.0.12
- Size: 215 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.