Gmail - email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
- Switch between up to 5 accounts
- Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
- Search through all your mail quickly - now with predictions as you type
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
- Read and respond to interactive Google+ posts right from the app
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- Customize emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 4.1
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
The only two reasons I use this over the iOS mail app are that I get my emails immediately and I can choose to only get alerts regarding my primary inbox. Other than that, this app is AWFUL. There are no links around dates or phone numbers, so I can't call numbers unless I copy and paste and there is no easy transition to iCal. The integrated iOS mail creates an event linked to the email, which is great to refer back to. The speech to text function isn't reliable (sometimes grayed out) and you can't swipe left to delete, only archive. There should be a way to change whether you want it to archive or delete. If I copy text, the pasted text's font becomes smaller, which is frustrating if I'm sending the same text in various emails with slight variances or if I want to reorganize an email. If you pan down to older emails within the same thread, the margin moves right quickly, making it impossible to read since it's one or two letters per line. You have to go back to older individual emails. Also, why in the world is the first letter in an email never automatically capitalized?? I'm incredibly disappointed in google; I usually admire their ease of use, but this app is atrocious!
So much better than Mail app, I love it!
This app is hands down better than Mail for me -- I love easily switching between accounts, being able to easily delete emails (unlike Mail app, where you must go to "Move to" > Trash). Easy to attach documents especially from Google drive. Of course it doesn't have full functionality of gmail in a web browser, but this is awesome for just on-the-go responses that are largely text and don't need formatting. If you need bulleted lists, different font sizes and colors, etc. -- wait to use the browser version. But hey, for a free app -- does its job well! Only annoying thing I've experienced lately is when clicking "Move to", sometimes nothing happens and I have to try again 4-5 times. Not often, but still annoying.
I don't like having my emails categorized by an AUTOBOT! I would prefer to categorize my own emails! I miss important info because it's categorized as Social or one of the other irritating categories! I tried changing the categories and then mail started disappearing! Can't even get mailings from Kroger anymore!!!! Plus, even the notifications from calendar don't come to the INBOX!! The go straight to a category!! I can only see the categories of i open them!! How does this help me in my business and professional life! Well, I'll tell you!! IT HELPS ME TO MISS IMPORTANT ENGAGEMENTS AND FUNCTIONS! Thanks G!! Lastly, the most irritating thing is NOT BEING ABLE TO SHARE FOLDERS IN GOOGLE DRIVE!!! This is crazy!!! I have written about this to Google along with many others!! No response!!! The only way to SHARE FILES IS TO OPEN EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY!!! It's such a pain! This is not the Google I used to love and recommended to so many!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 03, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.