By GoodGuide, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use the GoodGuide app to instantly find safe, healthy, green and socially responsible products based on scientific ratings.
GoodGuide’s app includes ratings for over 210,000 products and the companies that manufacture them, including pet food, babies and kids, hair care, makeup, food, skin care, household, bath, soap, shower, oral care, and more.
Each product is scientifically rated on a 0 – 10 scale based on its health, environmental, and social impact. With the app, you can easily browse categories, search for specific products or quickly scan barcodes to see our overall rating.
Drill down to get details about each product’s attributes, such as nutritional value, safe and healthy ingredients, animal welfare, human rights, climate change, energy efficiency and much more.
Whether you’re in store or simply on the go, the GoodGuide app makes it easy to shop your values, whenever and wherever you shop.
IN THE NEWS
- Apple store featured app
- Included in Sprint and Apple TV commercials and print ads
- Featured by NY Times, USA Today, TIME, Oprah, InStyle, Newsweek, TechCrunch, ABC, CBS, and more.
- Find scientific ratings and information on over 175,000 products in food, personal care, household cleaners, baby and kids, pet food, and more.
- View detailed information on the health, environmental, and social performance of your favorite brands.
IMPORTANT NOTE: GoodGuide at this time only covers products available in the United States.
What's New in Version 7.0.1
New for 7.0.1
• New and improved ingredient information! Tap on individual ingredients to learn about the low, medium, and high health concerns.
• Now you can tap an individual product and easily view alternative options by the same brand.
• Squashed some pesky bugs.
It is a functional capable app. The true question is, do we care about our own lives, much less the lives of our children? We need to start making our vote count by buying the most responsible, environmental friendly products available. For every product purchased that gets a high rating score, will show companies that we care about our environment, we care about ourselves, and care about our children.
Everyone Should get this!
Excellent design/layout. It's simple, yet very pleasing to look at and anyone can use this easily. I love that it organizes SO MANY extra details about the products you can choose to click on. Like the ingredient... But this app takes it a step further!!! You can click for a description of some of those obscure ingredients in hair/skin products, food, everything!
Great app! But...
For the most part this app works well and provides good information. But I just now used it to scan some maple syrup and the company that came up was Microsoft. (As you may have guessed, the maple syrup was not sold by Microsoft.) So just be careful, it might not be accurate 100% of the time...