GoodReader for iPad
By Good.iWare Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GoodReader® is the super-robust PDF reader for iPad - the #1 selling non-Apple app for iPad in USA in 2010! Mashable describes it as “a Swiss Army knife of awesome!” Reviews worldwide hail it as “essential,” “the best,” “magnificent” and “the killer app”. With GoodReader on your iPad, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures. Use it once and you’ll be hooked. Soon you'll be wondering how you ever managed to use your iPad without GoodReader.
GoodReader has earned its accolades by the way it handles huge PDF and TXT files, manuals, large books, magazines, and renderings of 100 mb and more with great speed. The ability to mark-up PDFs opens up new doors to GoodReader users who can now use typewriter text boxes, sticky notes, lines, arrows, and freehand drawings on top of a PDF file.
Besides reading, you can also sync your files with remote servers:
• sync with Dropbox, SkyDrive, SugarSync and any WebDAV, AFP, SMB, FTP or SFTP server
• sync entire folders or individual files separately
“GoodReader has a beautiful soul.” Mobilitysite
GoodReader not only supports massive PDF and TXT files, but also handles the most popular file types:
• MS Office - .doc, .ppt., .xls
• iWork ’08/’09
• HTML and Safari webarchives
• High resolution images
• Even audio and video!
“Ultimately, GoodReader is one of those apps that makes the iPad better. It’s a solid, reliable productivity app that will certainly enhance the user experience of anyone who wants to make the iPad part of their workflow.” 148apps
ANNOTATE! Annotation is a feature long sought after by users who want to add their own mark-ups to PDFs, especially those collaborating as a team on shared documents. The types of annotations that can be created and edited in GoodReader include typewriter text boxes, popup comments ("sticky notes"), text highlights, freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, cloudy shapes, text underlines, strikeouts, text insertion marks.
MANAGE FILES! GoodReader lets you create folders, move, copy and rename your files; zip, email, unzip and unrar them; plus send your files to other apps.
TRANSFER FILES! Within moments of downloading GoodReader, you’ll be transferring files in a number of ways: directly from your computer over a USB cable or WiFi connection, from the Internet or from email attachments. It also easily integrates with Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, SugarSync, box.net and other WebDAV, AFP, SMB, FTP and SFTP servers.
SYNC YOUR FILES AND FOLDERS! The amazing Auto Sync feature will work with Dropbox, SkyDrive, SugarSync, box.net, and any other WebDAV, AFP, SMB, FTP or SFTP server.
“Possibly the greatest app of all time.” Damego
PDF HYPERLINKS! The PDF hyperlink feature allows you to quickly jump back and forth within the document. Tapping a link quickly whisks you across a huge PDF book in an instant, and the “Go Back” button will take you back to the page you came from.
MORE VIEWING AREA! With no bars or buttons blocking the text, you’ll experience true full-screen reading. Do your document’s pictures split in halves across two pages? That’s not a problem with GoodReader – one of the only apps to offer a special double-page mode for viewing the entire spread! And if large page margins are annoying, get rid of them with GoodReader’s special PDF crop tool!
ZOOM! You can even use the 50x zoom, giving you a better view without distorting the image. Perfect for PDF maps and drawings.
TEXT SEARCH! If you know what you’re looking for, the Text Search feature helps you find your way to the exact info you want in any PDF or TXT file.
TONS OF OTHER FEATURES! We keep surprising our existing users with new features by constantly releasing free updates. We don't just do small fixes, we actually improve the app all the time!
LEARN MORE! www.goodreader.com
What's New in Version 3.20.0
Finally, a long-awaited update:
- new user interface, new tools layout - everything is more convenient now
- full iOS 7 compatibility
- faster PDF rendering for certain PDF files
- new path bar at the top allows to navigate through large file structures much easier than before
- entirely new audio player. It now operates in the background, letting you read your files, while listening to audio. Once started, it can be easily accessed from any file viewer, no need to close the current file to change the track, or stop the player altogether. Shuffle and Repeat options are a part of the player now, no need to go to Settings to change those.
- new Manage Files button - Flatten Copy. You can now flatten many files with a single button click, no need to open them and flatten them manually one by one
- Import from / Export to Photo Albums is now done directly from the file list, allowing to export multiple files at once
- every entry in the file list now has a convenient “tools” button, which enters the file management mode and instantly selects the file for managing
- files can now be starred and tagged with 7 different colors. You can search for individual color tags separately.
- when emailng a bunch of PDFs, there is now an option to flatten them all at once prior to sending
- images can now be copied to clipboard, for other apps (such as Mail) to use them later
- images put to clipboard by other apps can now be saved as standalone files in GoodReader
- Find Files list now has three sections, dividing found files by their location - In This Folder, Subfolders, Elsewhere
- support for iWork 2013 files (iOS 7 is required). Older iWork files, iWork’08, can now be opened even if they haven’t been saved with the “Include Preview” option.
- standalone audio and video files linked from parent HTML files can now be opened from inside that HTML
- tons of other enhancements and stability improvements
Attention developers! SendToGoodReader SDK has been updated to resolve minor issues with iOS 7. This SDK is absolutely free of charge. Details can be found here: goodreader.com/dev
GoodReaderUSB, our famous USB utility, can be found here:
GoodReader is my most-used app. It provides an easy way to carry my most-needed documents - generally Word documents & simple Excel spreadsheets - with me all the time. I copy important files and/or folders from my Mac to GoodReader and easily keep them in sync. Documents can’t be edited using GoodReader, but if you edit them on your Mac, it only takes a couple quick steps to sync the updated files with GoodReader.
When I’m away from my Mac, I can view documents without worrying about whether or not there is an available internet connection.
I’ve also been extremely pleased with GoodReader’s tech support. The company is very responsive to questions/concerns about the app and has always worked with me via email until any issues are resolved. Generally, my issues aren’t due to a problem with GoodReader, they tend to be because I’m doing something incorrectly.
Without a doubt, my most useful app!
A couple missing features but it's the best out there
I can't quite remember if any of these features were in previous versions but they should be included in the next version. These are just basic features that many other apps provide. Other than these strangely absent features, I think this app is incredibly well thought out and the best of all the endless pdf viewers I've used on any platform.
Please let me change the font of typewriter text. I hate the default text box font style.
Please include the ability to reorganize pages and maybe even add and remove pages. It would make switching to a desktop unnecessary.
Please give me a thumbnail view. It's hard to find specific pages in my notes going one at a time. It's a feature in many other pdf viewers.
Please give me stamps including custom stamps. That would allow me to add pictures to my notes.
Finally, for some wishful thinking, it would be amazing to have handwriting to text ability.
(Was) Best File Manager/PDF Annotation App
GoodReader is finally back! Once again, it's the best file manager. The long wait was 100% worth it.
Fast and reliable application that doesn't crash or hog your resources.
This amazing app is having a bad time, as it's PDF viewing functionality currently does not work properly, and it's very annoying running slow, with frequent fast viewing engine crashes.
A new version is coming, but considering how much I rely in this app, the waiting is painful.
There's no better app with this capability. Synchronization works great, and it's fully customizable.
Be aware that GoodReader conforms to the latest file naming conventions set by Dropbox; make sure your files are named accordingly. It may seem like a hassle, but it's for the best.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 06, 2014
- Version: 3.20.0
- Size: 39.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yuri Selukoff
- © Yuri Selukoff, 2010-2013. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.