Google Play Newsstand
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Google Play Newsstand, discover more of the news you care about on your iPhone and iPad. Enjoy breaking news and in-depth articles featuring audio, video and more. With hundreds of premier publishers from sports, business, cooking, entertainment, fashion and more - it’s all there, easy to follow, read, and share.
• Enjoy Read Now to find more of the articles you care about and discover new ones you will love.
• Subscribe to your favorite publishers and bloggers and easily access their content in a beautifully consistent fashion.
• Explore categories like Arts & Photography, Business & Finance, Food & Drink and more and subscribe to topics tagged to the articles that interest you most.
• Bookmark news stories you don't have time to read for later.
What's New in Version 3.1
• Handoff support lets you resume reading on your Mac or other iOS device (requires OS X Yosemite and iOS 8)
• Bookmarked articles are now available offline
• Articles now use the text size selected in Settings
• International topics and sources are available in Explore
• Support for 16 additional languages
• Fix for an issue with screen rotation on iOS 8.1
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
No longer "My new go-to news reader"
Update: went from 5 to 3 stars.
Reason: the inability to mute certain news sources is become more and more problematic. These days, my feed is chalked full of news from Australia (I live in the US), right wing opinion pieces (I'm fairly liberal), and poorly written blog posts about super heroes. The app has gone from being a pleasure to being a massive nuisance.
I had stopped using Currents long ago due to its clunky interface and substandard performance. I had tried Flipboard for a whole, along with a litany of competing news aggregators, but none of them were a pleasure to use. I was really dubious about Newstand, but I gave it a shot because, why not? Long story short, this app had everything I want in an extremely fluid and easy to understand interface. It has customizable lists of interesting articles based on sources I follow, or I can look at my library and catch up on everything from a particular source. This has become the app I spend the most time in on my phone now.
Nice News Aggregator But
As much as I like Google’s Newsstand I have to always migrate to Safari to be able to use the Reader function which Google Chrome does not have it -whenever I open the news I want to read.
As much as I like Google’s Chrome browser I still can’t figure out why there’s no simple function to show just the content of a web page. Apple’s iOS (Safari) has this feature, it’s called Reader, and it’s outstanding.
This is why every time I use Newsstand by Google I have to migrate to Safari to be able to use Reader. Flipboard -anotherApp- allows you to open the news directly in Safari and use the wonderful Reader option.
Less buggy, much worse right wing propaganda stream. Can't mute Fake RW news like PL and The Blaze. Google, there is nothing legit about these sources. Give us mute! Deleting app now.
The most frustrating news program ever. Amateur hour and dreadful. Every version up to the latest has been buggy, but this one on an iPad 2 is nonfunctional. Permanently 90 degrees counter-clockwise and malformed, crashes constantly, etc. Does Google have ANY professional programmers? (See Hangouts for more inane bugginess.)
How can Google release such a mess and not fix it for weeks? To give it one star is an insult to stars.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 27, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 11.9 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.