Google Play Newsstand - News & Magazines for you
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Google Play Newsstand, discover more of the news and magazines you care about all in one app on your iPhone or iPad. Enjoy breaking news and in-depth articles featuring audio, video and more. From sports, business, cooking, entertainment, fashion, local stores near you, and more - now get both free and premium news and vibrant full HD magazines, all in one place. With thousands of premier publishers - it’s all there, easy to subscribe, read, and share.
Enjoy content from top news, magazines and indie publications like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Wired, The New Yorker, Quartz, Vox, Refinery29, People, Fast Company, Harper’s Bazaar, GQ, Vanity Fair, and much much more.
• All in one - With one app and one tap, you have access to free and premium content from news sources, magazines, blogs and more.
• Enjoy Read Now - Start reading right away with a home screen that quickly learns what you’re into and highlights that adapt to your interests over time.
• Explore - Dig into categories like Arts & Photography, Business & Finance, Food & Drink and more. Subscribe to topics tagged to the articles that interest you most.
• Go Offline - Download any news edition, topic or magazine offline without missing a story.
• Bookmark - Save stories you don't have time to read later.
• Fast and efficient - Stories are formatted perfectly for your device.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Overshadowed by mainstream news, doesn't work well for following blogs or other content.
Such promise!! From what I understood, this app could take all the "blogs" I follow and make them into a magazine that I can thumb through. Well I added my blogs and deleted the news sources that automatically get added, but all I see is Trump. Tons and tons of Trump articles. Oi. I finally found where the content I WANT to see lives, but unlike the all the google added news articles (which I can't get to go away), I can't thumb through the stuff I want to see. Each page and article has to be opened individually. Might as well just click them from my bookmarks in my browser. Such a shame!
EDIT 6/28: Back to 1 star. Articles are automatically unlocked when clicked again. I have no idea why it was disabled for those few days before, but it seriously needs to at least be an option to disable it. One accidental tap and a free read gets wasted on something you aren't particularly interested in.
EDIT 6/27: They got back two stars for bringing back the manual unlocking of articles from limited publications. However you still cannot filter publications, which has left my feed littered with the likes of TMZ and Bollywood updates...
Like the app, but it uses a TON of space
Saving offline content (which doesn't even seem to work half the time) uses up several gigs of data. And doesn't delete it. The only way to free up the space again is to delete the app and start over. It's too bad, because other than that it's a pretty good news app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 02, 2016
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.