Google Play Newsstand - News & Magazines for you
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Play Newsstand is a personalized news reader that provides a single destination for browsing the topics, news sources, and magazines you care about.
Enjoy access to thousands of free and premium news sources, leading magazines, and specialized publications. Newsstand’s catalog includes The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Wired, The New Yorker, Quartz, Vox, Refinery29, People, Fast Company, Harper’s Bazaar, GQ, Vanity Fair, and much more…
Whether you want to quickly scan today’s headlines, or find in-depth articles, videos and podcasts about your personal interests, Google Play Newsstand saves you time by presenting personalized suggestions just for you, powered by Google’s recommendation engine.
Each recommendation includes a justification and an option for providing feedback. In this way, you always know why you are seeing a story, and you can easily tell Newsstand whether to continue showing you similar stories. In other words, it gets better the more you use it.
• Briefing - Get caught up in under a minute with a blend of top headlines, local news, and personal interests.
• For You - Feed your curiosity with a stream of personalized recommendations assembled just for you.
• Library - Stay on top of your favorite topics, sources and magazines by adding them to your library
• Explore - Dig into categories like Arts & Photography, Business & Finance, Food & Drink and more.
• Go Offline - Download any news edition, topic or magazine to read offline.
• Read Later - Save stories you don't have time to read now and go back to them later.
• Fast and efficient - Stories are formatted perfectly for your device.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
• Catch up with the latest news in less than one minute with a personalized news briefing
• Enjoy a stream tailored to your interests, powered by Google’s recommendation engine
• Control which sources and topics appear in your feed by giving feedback
• Enjoy high resolution images, large article cards and a new interface that bring your feed to life
• Quickly navigate the app with four simple tabs at the bottom of your screen
Why the change of layout??
Used to be my go-to news app. This new update has completely changed the format, making it not as user experience friendly. Bring back swiping of topics to view everything
Terrible lastest update
I used to love this app. I've had this app for about three years and it used to be so easy to get a lot of good news. The editors seem to be trying to imitate the apple news app. I miss being able to toggle to different categories
Last update made this useless
The app used to be the best and now you have no selection of the type of news you see. If I wanted a stream of random topics I'll just launch Facebook. Hope he designers see the new low scores and revert and try again.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 22, 2016
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 63.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.