Google Play Newsstand
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Google Play Newsstand, discover more of the news you care about on your iPhone and iPad. Enjoy breaking news and in-depth articles featuring audio, video and more. With hundreds of premier publishers from sports, business, cooking, entertainment, fashion and more - it’s all there, easy to follow, read, and share.
• Enjoy Read Now to find more of the articles you care about and discover new ones you will love.
• Subscribe to your favorite publishers and bloggers and easily access their content in a beautifully consistent fashion.
• Explore categories like Arts & Photography, Business & Finance, Food & Drink and more and subscribe to topics tagged to the articles that interest you most.
• Bookmark news stories you don't have time to read for later.
What's New in Version 3.1
• Handoff support lets you resume reading on your Mac or other iOS device (requires OS X Yosemite and iOS 8)
• Bookmarked articles are now available offline
• Articles now use the text size selected in Settings
• International topics and sources are available in Explore
• Support for 16 additional languages
• Fix for an issue with screen rotation on iOS 8.1
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Nice News Aggregator But
As much as I like Google’s Newsstand I have to always migrate to Safari to be able to use the Reader function which Google Chrome does not have it -whenever I open the news I want to read.
As much as I like Google’s Chrome browser I still can’t figure out why there’s no simple function to show just the content of a web page. Apple’s iOS (Safari) has this feature, it’s called Reader, and it’s outstanding.
This is why every time I use Newsstand by Google I have to migrate to Safari to be able to use Reader. Flipboard -anotherApp- allows you to open the news directly in Safari and use the wonderful Reader option.
Each update gets worse
Geez Google, it took you 3 months to update the October 20th version and that version was messed up on the iPad 2 (didn't fill the screen). Well you finally fixed that but this version is sluggish as hell. Why do you keep going backwards? Hire some competent programmers!!! I loved you app before the 10/20 update.
Same as everyone else! If I pay to subscribe to a magazine I want to be able to watch it on my phone it my tablet, my iPhone or my galaxy tab! Please add Magazine support!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 27, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 11.9 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.