Google Play Newsstand
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Play Newsstand is a personalized news reader that provides a single destination for browsing the topics, news sources, and magazines you care about.
Enjoy access to thousands of free and premium news sources, leading magazines, and specialized publications. Newsstand’s catalog includes The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Wired, The New Yorker, Quartz, Vox, Refinery29, People, Fast Company, Harper’s Bazaar, GQ, Vanity Fair, and much more…
Whether you want to quickly scan today’s headlines, or find in-depth articles, videos and podcasts about your personal interests, Google Play Newsstand saves you time by presenting personalized suggestions just for you, powered by Google’s recommendation engine.
Each recommendation includes a justification and an option for providing feedback. In this way, you always know why you are seeing a story, and you can easily tell Newsstand whether to continue showing you similar stories. In other words, it gets better the more you use it.
• Briefing - Get caught up in under a minute with a blend of top headlines, local news, and personal interests.
• For You - Feed your curiosity with a stream of personalized recommendations assembled just for you.
• Library - Stay on top of your favorite topics, sources and magazines by adding them to your library
• Explore - Dig into categories like Arts & Photography, Business & Finance, Food & Drink and more.
• Go Offline - Download any news edition, topic or magazine to read offline.
• Read Later - Save stories you don't have time to read now and go back to them later.
• Fast and efficient - Stories are formatted perfectly for your device.
What's New in Version 4.8
· Rich notifications with images that are more useful and beautiful
· Improved Help experience
· Bug fixes and performance improvements
Adapts to the news you like
This app is amazing, I've been using it for two days now and it has already adapted to the kinds of news I like to read and will only show me articles that it thinks I'll like. This should be your number one news app.
Horrible for reading magazines
I loved this app until I tried downloading a magazine. Magazines are very slow to load. Each page takes between 10-20 seconds to load. I spoke with a Google rep who explained this is because the magazines do not actually download to your device. They are cached. I have read magazines on the KIndle and ZInio apps and never experienced this long of a load time.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 01, 2017
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 82.4 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.