Google Drive - free online storage from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get started with Google Drive for free and have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. All your files in Drive – like your videos, photos, and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
With Drive, you can:
• View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
• Search for files by name and content
• Easily share files and folders with others
• Set sharing permissions to view, comment, or edit
• Quickly access recent files
• See file details and activity
• Enable viewing of files offline
What's New in Version 3.5.1
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
The single most useful app on iOS, OS X, & Windows!
Since the demise of iDisk by Apple a few years ago now I searched for a replacement. I soon found google drive and was hopeful. As Google has invested & allowed it to grow it has become an integral part of my personal & professional life. It is without a doubt the single most useful app there is on iOS, windows, OS X, on every device I own. It stores all my most used data & presentations. I share & collaborate with it. I'm an apple fan thoroughly, but for office products Google wins without a contest because it's all together.
Having said all that there are some features I would like to see added:
1. Annotations of PDFs, TIFs, JPGs, & other image files.
2. Be able to see has downloaded/accessed your files when viewing from the mobile device. Any sort of analytics would be appreciated.
I've been using Drive for a few years now. Biggest draw is a completely free way of basically cloud storage of projects that would otherwise be at risk on my crappy comps. Nice file manager, nice universiality, and fair running speed for what it does. I don't really like the GUI, as it's gray and flat and a little weirdly organized, but I have no problem using it. Basically, a very useful and utilitarian app, drastically changed the way I used my phone. Just wish its text documents were less clunky. More basic text editing and filing, please. Unicode and linebreak support is all I need. Maybe have two different file types for rich text and plain text? Anyway, for now, I use a seperate text editor on my phone and only use google text docs on my computer when collaborating.
All around a good app and a fills an important role.
Indispensable for studying
I started using google drive at the beginning of this semester to consolidate my studying resources, and I can't imagine a better experience. I can upload all of my resources: docs, slides, or PDFs (including textbook PDFs) onto my google drive and access and modify them on my phone when I can't have my computer. I also don't run into the glitches that riddle Microsoft products on my Mac. A polished and indispensable studying tool.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 22, 2015
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 43.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year)$19.99
- 25GB of storage (1 year)$24.99