Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
This is a big one! Now you can...
- See landmarks on the map and in directions for easier way finding.
- Narrow down your search results more easily with updated filters.
- Access departure boards by clicking on any station on the map.
- Crop, rotate, and beautify your photos before posting.
Ratings and Reviews
This app does an above-average job at assisting in navigation. I like that it apparently integrates user movement over time; for example, when I moved to my house, it ignored a pedestrian footpath to the other half of my street, but it now no longer routes me two miles away when I’m going to the bus. The reason I don’t give it five stars is its integration with Lyft/Uber, because my pocket would open the links and sometimes nearly summon a car (I had to delete them to avoid being charged), and because of transit system shortcomings. GMaps doesn’t offer enough different choices for routes, sometimes missing obvious bus lines or transfers, sometimes only giving one option it thinks best, though I might know more info and want to prompt more choices, which isn’t possible. I a forced to enter fake destination or origin information to force other routes to display. One bus may be very crowded at certain times, one route may have a steep hill. It needs to offer a way to expand route choices. Also, I still need to use OneBusAway to check on arrival times, as GMaps is not always current, especially with detours and alterations. As for driving, it’s fine, except the way it ignores neighborhood shortcuts and alternatives. Overall, a good tool to assist you, but you need your own knowledge to make it truly effective. Therefore, 3.5 stars, which I weighted up to 4.
Best gps app
I have been using google maps since 2011. I never write reviews but this app has surpassed my expectations. I have tried waze, ios maps and they dont do it for me. I am a truck driver by trade and aside from truck route maps on a desktop, i always use google maps. Will google maps ever be perfect? No but we are talking about perfect cellphone service and non hesitant location tracking to have a perfect gps. Depending where you are and who your carrier is, your cell reception might be shakily and you might miss a turn, not the app’s fault. Once google introduced the option for additional stops with in your route, they locked in my loyalty to the app. The reason why i wrote this review today is a new option that i have long awaited. Since i drive for miles, i am always on the app. I also am always listening to music. Of course i have had many times where i missed that very important turn because i was skipping or searching for a new song. Not anymore, maps now has a very simple tab on the map that lets me skip my song with my maps still on the screen. Thats a game changer for me. Once again, google has made me a pleased customer. Great work.
Disregard earlier review
This app is garbage. It’s been out for years and they don’t fix basic algorithm mistakes like how it arbitrarily decides to omit immediate-next turns (and then you drive to the wrong borough and you’re twenty minutes later than you would be if you were using something other than garbage), or it tells you to be in any number of lanes to make a turn or an exit when there is really only one acceptable lane to be in to not kill everyone trying to drive around you, or it doesn’t tell you that the highway you’re on drops a lane, or it wastes time telling you that the next thing you need to do is merge when the only thing in the world you could physically ever do at that juncture IS merge (or just dunk your car in a ditch and be done with driving altogether).
Just make your app make sense if you want any stars in my review of it! You’ve had years to make it minimally useable and you’ve been doing what this whole time? Adding features nobody asked for? Stop that.
UPDATE: I’m very generously giving these bozos an extra star for streamlining the alternate route button. It’s cute and convenient and I’m proud of you guys. Now invest this star miraculously because you’re still days from driving me into the arms of AN ACTUAL FLIP PHONE so that I can go back to VZ Navigator if I can’t honestly give Google Maps a five-star review. I’m dead serious about all of this.
- Google LLC
- 190 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.