By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info you need before you ask, like updates on your favorite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “Ok Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
• “What are good restaurants nearby?”
• “Where is my package?”
• “Remind me to call mom at 5 pm.”
Get Google Now cards and notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, movies & events
More about Google Now cards: www.google.com/now
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 7.0
• Say “Ok Google” and ask a question while on any web page to get smart answers about what you are looking at. Try saying “Ok Google, where was he born” while reading an article about William Shakespeare
• More detailed local search results
• Copy and paste from anywhere in the app
Better than safari!! But it has one flaw.
When I go to websites I don't have to worry that it's going to immediately put me in the App Store. Google asks do you want me to go to where it's telling you or cancel it or something like that. Honestly I think instead of safari for being the search engine, Google should for future Apple devices. But there is something wrong with my Google app. For some odd reason my app just turns black and then goes to the home screen. Honestly I don't know if it's just my phone or maybe it's happening to someone else too but it keeps happening.
Great, but with Bugs
This app is pretty good as an Internet browser; it loads quickly and it's easy to use. In fact, I usually prefer this over Safari. However, the latest update has caused a bug that disables your ability to type anything in the search bar, and the only way to fix it is by deleting and re-installing the app. I would give this a lower rating, but I really did like this app before it started bugging out. Google team, if you're reading this, please fix this bug so that people like me that have been using this app for a long time can use it again.
I really like this browser, even better than Chrome or Safari. It's got everything I would want but there's one thing that really bugs me. I don't really get the whole recent tabs concept because I'm the type of guy who usually has like 100 tabs in his browser. And I like to keep it like that so all the things I search up aren't lost and I can go back to them in a few seconds. But Google deletes your tabs every 2 days and that's not up to my preferences. So, if possible, I would like Google to have permanent tabs instead of recent tabs.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 69.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.