By Appcylon LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Time Magazine selected "Graphing Calculator" as one of the top 10 back-to-school iPhone applications.
Link to article: http://tinyurl.com/yz855ad
Graphing Calculator turns your phone or iPod into an intuitive high-resolution function plotter and scientific calculator. Features include the following:
- Includes a powerful, yet easy to use scientific calculator.
- Quickly plot and trace multiple equations on the same graph.
- Custom keyboard to speed up entering in equations.
- Pinch to zoom and drag/slide for scrolling the graph in real time.
- The graph view supports portrait and landscape modes.
- Take screen shots, and e-mail graphs to yourself.
- Evaluate your graphs at any x value using the calculator screen.
- Find the exact (x,y) coordinates for roots, intersections, minimums and maximums using the trace mode.
- Provides conditional statements allow the user to restrict the domain and graph piece-wise functions.
- Supports graphing polar and parametric equations.
- Supports graphing inequalities, and implicit equations in the form f(x,y)=g(x,y).
- Retina display and multitasking support
- Display the graph on a TV, projector, or external monitor using Apple's VGA adapter (iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 4th gen iPod, and iPad only)
- Currently supports the following functions: abs, acos, acosh, acot, acoth, acsc, acsch, asec, asech, asin, asinh, atan, atan2, atanh, ceil, cos, cosh, cot, coth, csc, csch, deg2rad, exp, fact, floor, gamma, gcd, lcm, lgamma, ln, log2, log10, logbase, max, min, mod, nCr, nPr, nroot, rad2deg, rand, sec, sech, sin, sinh, sqrt, tan, tanh.
Please visit the website for more details and screen shots. Feel free to e-mail me if you have questions, problems, or feature requests.
What's New in Version 1.4.5
Added support for the iPhone 5's larger screen.
I'm experiencing a problem saving an equation then pressing "graph". I only have one equation entered and I turn it "on" and all others (blank) off so I can then graph it. When I press graph I get a message that all equations are "off"...when I go back to the equations list, the one I want is suddenly "off " and all others have gotten turned "on" (not by me).
I tried to delete the app and redownload from the cloud. Same problem. Is it due to iPhone operating system upgrades? Developer doesn't seem to have worked on this program since 2012. Looking for another graph calc....
Great, Simple Graphing Caclulator
I have had this all the way back since my iPhone 3G. It works great and it was free when I got it (I don't know about now). But it does 95% of what you'd want a graphing calculator to do for you. For the price, that makes it an outstanding 5 star value. However, it is missing some things like an exact trace function and ability to write programs. But hey, can't complain for the value.
Good, but graphs are sometimes buggy
I generally like this app quite a bit. Most of the time, it's excellent for graphing an equation.
Unfortunately, sometimes it demonstrates significant bugs when graphing the equation. For example, if it doesn't understand the equation, it will just draw a straight line -- rather than telling you that it can't interpret the equation.
As another example, sometimes it draws graphs that are simply wrong. For example, with the equation "y = (1 + x)^(1/9)", it fails to display half of the equation -- the portion to the left of negative one.
Problems like this mean that you can't entirely trust the results of the graphed equations. I've attempted to report some of these bugs to the developer using the provided email address. Unfortunately, he hasn't responded.