Green Travel Choice
By Pocketweb Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With just two clicks on a GPS based map you get your CO2 emissions for bus, train, motor bike, various car types and plane trips. Now it’s up to you to make a green travel choice! Then use the travel Logbook to keep track of your trips and CO2 emissions over time.
This app provides transparency to choose modes of transport wisely, plan your next journeys, a Logbook to record and track emissions and routes and with our partners you help to support sustainable development projects.
With the purchase of this app you receive a US$15 voucher for an ecotourism.org Traveler Plus membership. Note: Apple Inc. is not connected to this promotion in any way.
No matter if it’s the next trip overseas or just the ride down-town: with two clicks on the map Green Travel Choice lists the CO2 emissions for nine typical modes of transport. You can then conveniently save the trip to your travel Logbook that sums up your travel distance and CO2 emissions over time. You can use this information to optimize your travel pattern, offset your CO2 emissions or report the number to your workplace sustainability manager.
Have you ever wondered how much carbon dioxide you emit flying from New York to London or driving from Los Angeles to Seattle? Or have you ever wondered when sitting in a bus or train, how much carbon dioxide your current trip takes? Remember that for example if you take the SUV from New York City to Washington D.C., the CO2 emissions are about 110 kg (240 lbs). If you would take the train they are only 21 kg (46 lbs). The average weekly CO2 emissions per person for travel in industrialised nations is around 50-66 kg (110-145 lbs).
Green Travel Choice is the perfect tool for making climate-friendly travel choices on the go.
If you like the app, please invite your friends to use Green Travel Choice as well so that we can really make an impact. Read all about our partners and how we are supporting projects that reduce the emission of greenhouse gases in the ‘info’ section and do share this app with your friends.(for supported projects see the updates on our website).
Green Travel Choice has partnered with three reputable organizations to have a real impact:
* We are partnering with The International Ecotourism Society (TIES) who support small businesses, ecotourism projects, NGOs and community groups. By offering capacity building opportunities such as workshops, conferences and other learning tools, TIES helps educate tourism stakeholders. Current and upcoming projects include: "ecoDestinations", connecting stakeholders and promoting sustainable development of destinations, and "Business Partnership for Sustainable Community Development", helping ecotourism businesses maximize positive impact of socially, economically and environmentally responsible practices.
* We are partnering with Cleaner Climate who support the development of clean energy projects. These projects are created under the UNFCCC’s Kyoto framework and range from biogas generation from wastewater in Thailand to hydro generation from river currents in the Himalayas.
* We are partnering with Commute Greener! to provide you the most comprehensive tools for reducing your company, organization or city’s CO2 footprint.
Share your experience with this app on twitter (travel_choice) and facebook (ecotravelpage) and invite your friends to use this app as well.
The app works worldwide with miles/pounds and kilometers/kilograms.
Please go to www.greentravelchoice.com for more information.
Thanks and “Make a green travel choice”!
What's New in Version 1.11
- Bug fix for iOS 4.2
- now in English, French, German and Swedish
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 26, 2011
- Version: 1.11
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Swedish
- Seller: Pocketweb Ltd
- © 2010 Pocketweb Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.