gTasks HD - Google Tasks Manager for Todo list & Reminders
By Yaniv Katan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- A single purchase covers all your iPhone/iPad devices -
• gTasks is a powerful and intuitive tasks manager.
• Supports full synchronization with Google Tasks (GMail/Google Apps) securely over https, naturally integrating into Google Calendar.
• Repeating tasks (daily, weekly...), e.g. "Pay credit card" every month. Once completed, the task's date is updated to the next month.
• Alerts for upcoming tasks including repeating alerts for repeating tasks.
• Location based alerts*, such as "When I arrive home", "When I leave the office" or "When I'm nearby the shopping mall".
• Multi-level sub-tasking.
• Universal app - designed both for iPhone and iPad, neat and clean user interface.
• Very clean, responsive (fast) and intuitive user interface.
• Customizable tasks view & full search support.
* Location based alerts: Due to hardware limitations, this feature is available only on iPhone 4 and above, iPad 2 3G and above, running iOS 5.0 and above.
Optionally, you can sync your tasks with Google Tasks.
Google Tasks is available in free GMail/Google account or Google Apps account.
Syncing your tasks with Google Tasks has the following benefits:
• Sync your tasks between your iPhone and iPad devices.
• No permanent internet connection required. gTasks will sync updated tasks as soon as an internet connection is available.
• Your tasks are backed up.
• Manage your tasks conveniently on your home/office PC, and have them synced to your iPhone/iPad and vice versa.
• Have your tasks in your Google Tasks and Google Calendar.
• Share tasks with your colleagues.
gTasks can be freely used up to 2 accounts, 2 lists per account and 7 tasks per list.
First install this free app and start using it. If you like it and want to use it for more than the limited tasks, you can purchase the upgrade by going to gTasks settings, scroll down and tap “Purchase”.
Check out this video at:
What's New in Version 4.4.1
Good app has the potential to be great
Pros: well laid out and easy to use, uncomplicated, simplicity in a good way. The way wunderlist used to be in its first version. Good reminders, some flexibility in the way you set up your list and organize items. Setting due times and alerts for tasks.
Cons: needs when you swipe a task left or right a delete button comes up, the trash can is ok and can stay but IOS like would be swipe and then the delete option. Would like some kind simple color buttons (dots) at the beginning of the text or colored text for priority.
Another choice would be the color of the text changes when it comes due, then past due. For example yellow when due then to red when past due. This feature could be turned on or off in settings.
Needs a list, category or group (not sure what to call it) that shows all items from each list/category that are due that day. This would be a daily summary.
I use this to sync between my iPhone 5, ipad, & PC for both (individual) personal & professional gmail accounts/tasks. Recently switched shared family tasks to ourgroceries app.
Pros: works very well on iPad & iPhone, which have a nice drop down view of all lists, easy to switch btwn accounts, the ability to create hierarchy of tasks within lists, optional due dates, alerts, notes. Works great for the getting things done approach.
Cons: trying to switch a task to a different list can be done but is annoying bc the list is not alphabetical. PC navigation not as clean.
Simple to use makes for a great app
This app is easy to use and works well for me with the alerts it sends when something is due. Unlike the more complicated apps that have categories and ratings for each task, this one just allows you to quickly input your items and set alerts and be on your way. It is helpful for those who don't have a lot of time to sit and consider what categories or priority numbers and you just need to write down the task and move on.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 04, 2014
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yaniv Katan
- © Yaniv Katan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Tasks$3.99