The Guitar Pro application allows all musicians to view and play sheet music and tablature made with the famous Guitar Pro tab-editing program for Windows and Mac.
This mobile version is the ideal companion for you to practice your favorite songs and share them at any time, anywhere! Coming up with some arpeggio, a riff, a chord sequence? You can now note and save it all on the single-track tablature NotePad.
Powerful score player
• Supporting GP3/4/5/6/7 (.gp) and PowerTab (.ptb) file formats,
• Tab (with rhythms), slash, and standard notations,
• Compatible with mySongBook portal to sheet music (monthly subscription excluded),
• Load files via WiFi and web browser, iTunes, e-mail,
• Integrated sheet-music library with search, filters, and favorites,
• Multitrack player with soundboard: volume / solo-mute / soundbanks,
• Metronome and visual countdown,
• 3 zooming levels,
• Guitar or bass fretboard (for right- and left-handers), and virtual keyboard,
• On-the-fly tempo changes,
• On-the-fly global transposing by half-tones,
• Playing any selection in loops,
• Simplified navigation between sections,
• E-mailing files directly from the application,
• Exporting files to PDF,
• Compatible with the Fretlight Wireless Guitar.
NotePad tool to create a tablature
• Use the NotePad to edit a single-track tablature for guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin,
• Tablature for 4- to 8-string instruments,
• 19 built-in sounds,
• Customizable tuning and tempo,
• Export your ideas into Guitar Pro 6 and 7 formats so as to later carry on with your composition on the Guitar Pro desktop version.
The app will be updated frequently, so feel free to contact our team to send a question or give your feedback.
For more info:
Need help: https://support.guitar-pro.com
Q: Can I create or edit sheet music with this app?
A: Unlike Guitar Pro for Windows and Mac, this app does not let you change the notation in an existing Guitar Pro file, or create sheet music in standard notation. It is however possible to edit a single-track tablature with the NotePad tool. Editing a drum track is not available with the NotePad tool.
Q: Can I open the sheet music I have purchased on mySongBook with this app?
A: If you bought a single tab or a songbook (single buying option) on mySongBook.com you can read your purchased music with the app but you cannot print it. If you use the monthly subscription, it is currently not possible to access your sheet music.
Thanks for using Guitar Pro! We provide regular updates so it continues to work great for you.
This new version improves compatibility with Guitar Pro 7 files and allows:
- Reading 9 and 10 strings tabs
- Opening password protected files (files locked in Guitar Pro 7 software to prevent opening or editing a music score).
Ratings and Reviews
Not for a composer
If you happen to be that one guy who just goes hard in the paint on guitar pro in their spare time, don’t care about learning the guitar & enjoy creating personal masterpieces with little attempt for applause from others & you do it because you love to or even if you use it just for fun cause of how awesome the pc software is you will be very disappointed with this. You can only write one track! Very limited options, or i should say it’s purely unrealistic MIDI sounds and not as good as the RSE, obviously. No eq. No fx. No changing the track to a different instrument at whatever bar you please. Oh! And my LEAST FAVORITE IS NOO DRUMMS. What! I feel like many people complain about the drums with the pc but as a drummer myself and through years of using it i am very comfortable with how they set it up. The drums from gp5 prob being my fav. I can’t even touch a drum here. Total impulse buy figured i could trust these guys since I’ve been a long time user & ACTUAL BUYER of their products. Thought wrong. Ah well a novice might be convinced this is good enough but not for the people out there like me.
Please Refund - Disappointed loyal customer
I have used guitar pro since 2012. I really felt blind-sighted when I bought this app. When I saw that Guitar Pro had an app, my first thought was “my boring desk job was about to get a lot better!” My first thought was not: “I could regret not reading the fine print”. I trusted in the brand that I supported for years, so I bought it without hesitation, but when I go to use it I found that this app is almost completely useless to a composer. If you primarily use GP to compose, don’t buy this, unless you hate polyphony. Because you can only write with one track per file. I’ll admit that it was an impulse buy and I should have read it the description more closely and not let the beginning of the description sell me. I just expected more from Guitar Pro on this.
Don’t buy for composing or editing– it’s a trap!! Only supports one track per piece.
OK but needs work
Program locks up once there are over 100 GP7 (.gp) tabs but those same tabs exported in GP5 (.gp5) or GP6 (.gpx) formats are fine. I have over 400 in GP5 format that don’t blow up the program.
Anacrusis (pickup measures) are a disaster in both the Mac GP7 and iOS apps. They are handled incorrectly in every way except measure counting. The beat count-in only counts down the number of beats used in the pickup, not the time signature number of beats and then the pickup starts on beat one, not beat whatever. Effectively useless.
The fidelity of the Tab display (in any format) doesn’t match the tabs in the desktop program. Staves break differently, lyrics don’t show, note TXT is off or missing, other song text like Instructions are missing. Don’t waste your time formatting your Tabs just right in GP7 because you’ll be lucky to see a resemblance on the iPad.
All that said, once you’ve developed work-around for all the bugs, the iOS app does work to show and playback your Tabs (in Guitar Pro formats).
- Arobas Music
- 35 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Arobas Music
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.