Explica! is an app for tablets that lets you record video and your comments while you write on documents, making your explanations much more visual.
The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Open University of Catalonia, UOC) has developed Explica! so that faculty and students can teach and learn, but it is also designed to be used beyond the boundaries of education. You can use Explica! to explain things in videos that you couldn't explain with words alone, and share these videos with whoever you want via social media.
Explica! is an evolution of the Guixa! app and it lets you:
- Make notes and use a digital blackboard. You can change the thickness and colour of the line, delete some of the content, zoom in on a precise area and easily write in and automatically move on at the end of this precise area. You can even rest your hand on an area of the screen designed just for this reason.
- Generate a video from the marks made and the audio recorded.
- Import PDF documents of a page or more from other applications, such as Google Drive or Dropbox, (paid-for feature that is free for members of the UOC community).
- Remove or change the watermark (paid-for feature).
The final result is a video that can be sent by email, shared via social media or edited in another application.
- Fundacio per a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- 57.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Catalan, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- In-App Purchases
- All-in-one pack $2.99
- Multipage and PDF $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.