The Handy Bible gives you a Bible that is extremely useful in every aspect- it not only provides an easy and fast way(one of the fastest bible lookup/search apps - compared to other top selling apps) to read the Bible, but it also has various helpful features that allows for more convenient bible studies.
* Universal app (if you buy the app, you can install it for both the iPhone and the iPad); it also supports both the portrait and the landscape mode; no internet connection needed
* Support iOS built-in Text-to-Speech feature, no need to download huge audio recording data(optional In-App purchase)
* One of the fastest bible search engines, as it uses a powerful SQL database engine that allows you to lookup or load any bible verse almost instantly; also features an “instant search” setting that automatically starts searching even as you type
* Ability to add/edit personal notes for every single verse (will show a NOTE icon next to that verse). This personal NOTE window is depicted as a floating, half-transparent, and movable window; this allows you to keep the window open as you read the Bible
* One of the best rich text note editing: supports "rich text editing" including "Bold", "Italic", "Underline", "Strike Through", "Font color/highlight/size", "Ordered or unordered list", etc. Video demo: http://facebook.com/handybible
* Includes ASV, BBE, DARBY, ISV, KJV, NHEB, WEB, YLT free domain bible text. Unlike other apps, need to go through several steps, with one single touch you can easily switch to the different Bible versions on the top navigation bar.
* Uses a rolling wheel-Picker to quickly and easily pick or lookup various books, chapters, or verses; it can also let you type the first letter of a book, which then helps you instantly select that particular book
* Powerful and rich search features: search for any text inside the Bible or any text in your own personal notes; it can also filter OT and NT books. Can also use "AND" or "OR" (words separated by space, or use begin-end double quotes to search as a whole phrase) to narrow down the search.
* Unlike other apps, can only show search result page by page, Search Result will be presented with all scriptures found in order by a Book with Book Index for easy access and the frequency of that serach strings within each Book.
* Easy navigation to the next or previous verse/chapter/book via a group of cursor buttons on the lower-right corner * The text of each bible verse or personal note can be copied or emailed to others
* Will automatically store any verse you search or lookup as “History”. You can also add personal bookmarks.
* Features customizable settings that allows you to change the primary Bible text, the Bible text font type/color/size, and the background image (can choose from built-in patterns or you can choose to add an image from your own iPhone Photo Albums library)
* Tools-Store - Purchase Copyrighted Contents: can purchase authorized copyright contents like ESV, Message, NASB, NET, NKJV bible
* The Chinese version is also available for purchase
* Can purchase"Pro version" separately-"Handy Bible Pro" will include features like the Dictionary/Strong Number concordance search, KJV with Strong Number, Bible text parallel comparison, and Bible Commentary(MHCC, CLARKE, JFB) lookup.
* Useful Tips/FAQ: http://vincentchiu.com/iphone_apps
* Latest info: http://facebook.com/handybible
* Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
* Optimized for iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
The Gospel and it’s tools are not to make profit.
Used on iphone 4.1 and now on iphone 5. One of the best bible apps out there. Can customize it by changing quite a few settings. Good selection of starter bibles, with a couple for purchase at less than $5, which is about 1/2 the cost of those bibles on other apps. Of course, with so much good stuff, the pro version, which I don't have, uses a lot of space; over 210mb (only 33+ on the free version), which is something to consider on an iPhone. But, well worth it and you will be glad you got it every time you open the app.
one of the best free apps.
Very well designed app. Only negatives: selection of free Bibles not very good and purchased bibles are a little more costly than other similar apps; takes a considerable amount of space. But I still give it 5 stars.
- Vincent Chiu
- 231.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) 2011-2018 Vincent Chiu
- In-App Purchases
- NET Bible $0.99
- Add Text-To-Speech $1.99
- NASB Bible $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.