By Stevens Creek Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uses of random numbers range from the frivolous (playing games) to the serious (handing out door prizes at events, or selecting random winners for a lottery) to the ultra-serious (performing business audits). Handy Randy is the ultimate random number software, easy to use but with features galore:
• Generate random numbers in user-specifiable ranges
• Allow or preclude duplicates from occuring
• Select random names from your entire Contact list or from any Group (e.g., pick a name of a student to do a special assignment, and, by preventing duplicates, make sure everyone gets a chance eventually)
• Select random items from lists you create on the iPhone or elsewhere - students in a class, attendees at a conference, cards in a deck, players in a fantasy league, etc.
• Draw one or multiple numbers, names, or items with each tap (e.g., "roll" four "dice" at the same time by drawing four numbers from 1-6 at a time)
• When drawing just a single winner, hide the list of previous winners and display the winner nearly full-screen, able to be viewed by, for example, an entire classroom of students
• Draw the winner by tapping a button or by shaking the unit, accompanied by a choice of sounds (e.g., drumroll, trumpet fanfare) for dramatic effect in a public setting
• Draw numbers from up to three different, non-contiguous ranges (e.g., 1-200, 350-475), either jointly or in alternation. Award random prizes in raffles or other events.
• Display the scrollable list of winners as drawn or sorted
• Email or print the list of winners
• Choice of background colors
• Choice of sounds
• Add lists from which to pick (e.g., names of students in a class) manually, via the clipboard, via iTunes file sharing, or via download from an internet-accessible file
• Support for landscape orientation (iPad version only)
What's New in Version 3.2
o Restored ability to download lists for use in selection from Internet (overrode Apple's iOS 9 restriction to https downloads)
o UI tweaks on iPad for recent iOS changes
o Creating a new list with no entries could crash the app under various circumstances. Fixed.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 09, 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Stevens Creek Software LLC
- ©1997-2015 Stevens Creek Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.