By Stevens Creek Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uses of random numbers range from the frivolous (playing games) to the serious (handing out door prizes at events, or selecting random winners for a lottery) to the ultra-serious (performing business audits). Handy Randy is the ultimate random number software, easy to use but with features galore:
• Generate random numbers in user-specifiable ranges
• Allow or preclude duplicates from occuring
• Select random names from your entire Contact list or from any Group (e.g., pick a name of a student to do a special assignment, and, by preventing duplicates, make sure everyone gets a chance eventually)
• Select random items from lists you create on the iPhone or elsewhere - students in a class, attendees at a conference, cards in a deck, players in a fantasy league, etc.
• Draw one or multiple numbers, names, or items with each tap (e.g., "roll" four "dice" at the same time by drawing four numbers from 1-6 at a time)
• When drawing just a single winner, hide the list of previous winners and display the winner nearly full-screen, able to be viewed by, for example, an entire classroom of students
• Draw the winner by tapping a button or by shaking the unit, accompanied by a choice of sounds (e.g., drumroll, trumpet fanfare) for dramatic effect in a public setting
• Draw numbers from up to three different, non-contiguous ranges (e.g., 1-200, 350-475), either jointly or in alternation. Award random prizes in raffles or other events.
• Display the scrollable list of winners as drawn or sorted
• Email or print the list of winners
• Choice of background colors
• Choice of sounds
• Add lists from which to pick (e.g., names of students in a class) manually, via the clipboard, via iTunes file sharing, or via download from an internet-accessible file
• Support for landscape orientation (iPad version only)
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Minor bug fix: With duplicates not allowed, after all numbers or names were drawn, if you attempted to draw anyway, the Clear button would no longer work.
Does exactly what it says it will do, and does it well!
I have had this app for so long that I don't even recall what I paid for it, but it was worth it, because I still love using it! Anytime I don't want to make a decision (which is much more often than I care to admit), I just enter the options in here and let it pick. I have created lists for a multitude of not so serious things, like picking which category I want to do in QuizUp, or choosing which Golden Girls or Fringe episode I want to watch off my iPod, or to narrow down which restaurant we pick for dinner. We've used it instead of drawing out of a hat for Christmas exchange presents. Studies have said that every decision we make tires out our brain a little bit, so we should eliminate minor decisions and save that brain power for important decisions (something both Mark Zuckerberg and the late Steve Jobs cited as reasons they would wear the same basic clothes every day; one less decision to make). This app is perfect for fulfilling that duty!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 20, 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Stevens Creek Software LLC
- ©1997-2014 Stevens Creek Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.