By Tinybird Interactive AB
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
It's becoming increasingly clear that our bodies were not built to spend hour after hour in a chair. Research shows that too much sitting is seriously detrimental to our health, and short bursts of exercise does not completely help with that.
However, just by taking regular breaks, you can undo much of the damage. Not only your back, shoulder, neck, arms and hands and eyes are helped by breaks, but also your general health.
By taking regular breaks, you can actually increase your productivity by becoming more focused and energized.
Break Reminder will help with this without getting in your way. Some of the features:
• Automatic detection of usage. If you take a break yourself, you will not be interrupted.
• Optional fading out of the screen to make the break more effective.
• Different themes for the break screen and optional tips on ergonomics and similar topics.
• Adjustable work and break period lengths.
• Works with multi-monitor setups.
Get Break Reminder today and take control over your health!
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Increase contrast for close button to make it more clear.
- Allow dismissing the break window with three consecutive presses on Escape (when dismissing breaks are allowed).
Stops working occasionally
I have been using Break Reminder for about 3 years, and it does exactly what I would like it to do.
I have the timer set for 30 minutes. However, occasionally the app will not pop up, and when I click on the dropdown menu it says “over an hour until your next break”. If I choose to take a break at that point, the timer starts to work again. I’m not sure what is happening - any ideas or a bug fix would be helpful.
Also one request - I would love to be able to have the option to chose my own photos. After 3 years, the same set of photos becomes rather tedious.
If the bug is fixed and the ability to link to your own photos is made an option, Break Reminder will get 5 stars in my book.
But again - it really does exactly what I need it to do, so thank you!
I stopped using this due to compatibility issues.
I need to use Easy on the Eyes to use the external monitor I have. But this doesn’t work with Easy on the Eyes, resulting in a painfully bright “Time for a Break” notice. I wasn’t able to stop Break Reminder using preferences, so I have deleted it.