Harry's LapTimer is the advanced tool for car enthusiast. It records all types of sensor data provided by your iPhone/iPod/iPad (or external sensors), combines them, and makes them available to optimize your drive. Over time, you will get insights on your car and in your driving, not known before.
LapTimer offers more than 1100 predefined tracks world wide. With its assistants, it is extremely easy to setup - just click your track and drive. It fully automates your lap timing using GPS, and presents the results to all kinds of media.
You are not limited to track driving only. For example, you may define your home and working locations as a 'track', collect statistics on different ways chosen, and analyze / optimize the time used every day.
Want to show your drive to your friends? LapTimer generates beautiful in car video recordings with all kinds of data overlaid, ready to be presented - e.g. on youtube. Even without video, recorded data can be analyzed using purpose designed views, making it easy to analyze and improve your driving performance.
Using online racing, you can use LapTimer in competition. LapTimer offers a Hall of Fame, allows watching you and your friends on track - all in real time. Compare your sector times, braking / acceleration points, and learn from each other.
You can start with your plain iPhone in the beginning and add external GPS and OBD II sensors later, step by step, and as you need it. LapTimer itself comes in three different editions: LapTimer Rookie is the entry level with all you need for lap timing; LapTimer Petrolhead is the advanced version including lots of video features, and LapTimer Grand Prix is the edition for professionals including Multi Cam recording, and advanced sensor and analytics functionality.
Please note that functionality depends on your device, the LapTimer edition chosen, and sometimes even external sensors added (like OBD II). Please visit our web page to get the full story. All edition can be upgraded later, all editions come with native iPhone and iPad support.
There are quite expensive stand alone solutions for track days available. Be smart and own the leading edge tool simply by using your iPhone and LapTimer. Besides the professional area, there is no known solution that offers more functionality than LapTimer does - across the market. As our ambition is to offer the best tool, LapTimer is enhanced continuously.
Please visit http://www.gps-laptimer.de for detailed information on versions, FAQs / documentation, in depth technology background information, online racing, and supported device configurations. Join our user community on http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de to be involved in future development - all with first class support.
Changes in LapTimer v23:
Video / Overlay
- Added tire gadget to video overlays; support for both measured and simulated temperatures [GrandPrix]
- Editing of recordings at fix level
- Laps can be marked as Incomplete manually
- Recordings can be joined into one lap
- Replaced Dropbox integration by general purpose sharing of data (iOS distribute function)
- Added weather information
- Added reference lap plot to Map View
- New Tires View showing temperatures, pressures, battery, tx level, with intelligent warnings [GrandPrix]
- Customizable fuel tank empty and warning levels
- Tire temperature simulation from acceleration and vehicle properties
- Various new Expert Settings to tweak LapTimer for your requirements
- Improved Chart coloring; added more temperatures to Temperature Chart, added new chart showing tire temperatures [GrandPrix]
- Sensor List is showing accessory types disabled
- Avg. speed calculation shows calculation source (standard or measured distance)
- Trigger detection corridor width can be specified by trigger
- More information on databases, improved recovery routines
- Modernized build environments to iOS12
- Improved sensor fusion, made it more robust for dropping connections
- Added support for indoor positioning systems (e.g. indoor karts)
- Added support for TPMS sensors: VC601 and RejsaRubberTrack (more to come)
- General support for tire sensors with up to 16 temperatures per tire
- Included tire configuration (assign sensor or tire)
- Generalized engine sensor support to fully support non OBD systems
- Added support for VEEPEAK OBD BTLE adapters
- Added 50 Hz storage rate (experimental)
Plus dozens of smaller fixes, improvements, and refactoring
Ratings and Reviews
Incredible application, even better customer service
Been a user for few years and it’s quite honestly one of the best lap timer solutions (and not just among mobile apps). Other professional setups will cost you over $1000 when you factor in hardware but this app will fine on its own give you nearly same level of data acquisition. Best of all is Harry’s dedication to the community. He personally responds to all troubleshooting requests despite the majority of questions being repeat asks already covered in his FAQ and provides regular feature updates to the software. Anyone complaining about user difficulty didn’t spend the 5 mins to read the user guide.
You can’t beat it
I’ve been tracking Porsche’s for years. I’ve had $1000 systems such as Traqmate but that’s no longer sold and windows only support is tough. Porsche Track Precision app is terrible but HLT is super reliable. I use an external BT GPS and a BLE ODB adapter. Overall you just can’t beat HLT for cost to realizability to being able to dig into data. My only wish is if I could find 991.2 GT3 custom PID info for brake pressure and ESC like the Porsche track precision app.
Thank you Harry for continuing to improve an already amazing app.
PS I use the Grand Prix in app upgrade, worth every penny.
I’m completely blown away by the features and functionality of this app, and the documented support. There are so many things you can do with it, an incredible array of supported accessory devices, and with all the complexity available there is documentation and online support that makes it easy to work with. Best value it track software out there.
- Harald Schlangmann
- 84.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Harald Schlangmann
- In-App Purchases
- Grand Prix Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.