The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park by Chimani app boasts rich, detailed information on this ever-changing Hawaiian environment that is home to two of the world's most active volcanoes, including:
• expert-written details on more than 110 unique points of interest (POIs)
• a professionally voiced audio-guided auto tour
• GPS-enabled maps that work without a cell/wifi connection and can be custom edited and annotated
• calendar of Ranger-led events
• sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
• photo gallery with 100+ park images
• descriptions of more than 10 hiking trails
• information on dining, lodging, restrooms, picnicking, in-park transportation, bicycling, and other in-park activities
• "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
Other features include:
• Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols.
• Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events.
• Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information.
• Tag your favorite park sights.
• Collect points and earn badges for visiting parks and points of interest.
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national parks, visit www.chimani.com. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @chimani, Facebook at www.facebook.com/chimani, and Instagram at @chimani
*** This app requires an initial Internet connection to download photos (either Wifi or cellular). ***
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful, but had technical issues
This app is consistent with the other national parks Chimani apps. However, I could not get the detailed map to load. The download appeared to get almost all the way complete, but then it just stalled. Otherwise, it provides a lot of useful information in a self contained package.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.