HazeOver: Distraction Dimmer
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get rid of distractions and focus on your current task. HazeOver automatically highlights the front app window by dimming all background windows. ▸▸▸ Watch Demo Video: HazeOver.com
• • • SALE: 50% OFF to celebrate Macworld review
• Spend less time managing windows. Window clutter will no longer bother you.
• Multiple displays? HazeOver will let you know which screen is focused or highlight a window on each monitor.
• Working at night? Reduce brightness of OS X interface.
• Dark menu bar and Dock mode will look soooo pleasing!
Heavy multi-tasking kills your concentration. All that tweets, emails, chat messages and lolcats staring back at you from the background. They strive for your attention. And you only have that much of it.
Don't let yourself drown in scores of open windows. Hiding, switching, looking for the right one, more hiding, more switching. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out, launch HazeOver and finally concentrate on what's you've been up to.
HazeOver automatically highlights an active window or app when you switch windows. The less important things gently fade away in the background, helping increase your productivity.
Set the hazing intensity and speed to your liking. Be it a soft dimming, an undemanding hint to focus on your workflow. Or a powerful dark background for outright dedication to your current task.
• Desktop is automatically revealed when focused (requires Accessibility)
• Toggle the shade with a keyboard shortcut or adjust intensity with a gesture.
• Dragging stuff between apps? Tap "fn" key and HazeOver will gracefully fade out.
Still unconvinced? Ask LifeHacker, CNET, MacWorld, Engadget and Product Hunt.
What's New in Version 1.6
• New interactive menu bar icon
• Press “fn” key to disable dimming when dragging files around
• Animation duration can now be set down to 0.1 s
• Added “Helpful Tips” menu item
• Adjust intensity by scrolling over menu bar icon with a regular mouse too
• Fixed: Desktop was not automatically revealed on Mavericks
Like HazeOver? Please rate it or use a new “Tell a Friend” option in the app.
Great for focus, replaces Isolator
Definitely worth $4. I used to use “Isolator”, but it’s no longer maintained and stopped working altogether for me. I like having the ability to keep windows open and in my peripheral line of sight without them overwhelming/distracting me (ADHD + Aspergers = easy sensory overload). Being able to customize the dim level is the most important feature for me, as I like everything else practically invisible. HazeOver is now on my must-have “Focus Apps” list. :)
great customer service
I just installed this app on two of my Macs. On both my Macs the app did nothing. I emailed the developer and within a few hours he solved the problem. Such customer/technical support certainly isn’t unheard of but isn’t all that common. Two thumbs up for this app. It does what is says it will do and if you have problems your in good hands.
Best App ever
As a photographer colors and tones in my images while editing are very important. If I have a lot bright distracting windows open its very hard to edit an image correctly. Sure I could close those windows but I dont need to anymore. I have used HazeOver for a couple years now and its on all my machines. I love it!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 27, 2015
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Maxim Ananov
- © 2007-2015 Maxim Ananov
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor