Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get rid of distraction. Let this tiny app emphasize an active window by fading out inactive ones.
* Watch Demo Video at HazeOver.com *
Heavy multi-tasking kills your concentration. All that tweets, emails, chat messages and lolcats staring back at you in the background. They strive for your attention. And you only have that much of it.
Don't let yourself drown in scores of open windows. Hiding, switching, looking for the right one, more hiding, more switching. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out, launch HazeOver and finally focus on what's you've been up to.
HazeOver automatically highlights an active window or app when you switch windows. The less important things gently fade away in the background, improving your attention.
Set the hazing intensity and speed to your liking. Be it a soft dimming, an undemanding hint of focus. Or a powerful dark background for outright dedication to your current task.
More to come. Stay tuned. Stay focused.
What's New in Version 1.3 (75)
• Greatly improved responsiveness. Please turn on "Enable access for assistive devices" option in "System Preferences", "Universal Access" tab to take advantage of this improvement.
• Graphics updated for Retina display.
• Fixed: app did not work on additional Spaces on recent versions of Lion.
Works as advertised. Very useful for focusing. Especially at night when you don’t want many bright windows on your face. Reasonably priced too. Thanks!
I like the concept, but I've had a couple of problems on the same day of purchase. At one point the mouse cursor became very sluggish and difficult to use, I had to kill the app from Activity Monitor. Later, one of my apps had difficulty rendering its window contents, it was mostly blank. Until I killed HazeOver and the problem went away.
Works well as described, but could use ability to activate/deactivate using a hotkey (see implementation in Isolator, a similar app).
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 11, 2012
- Version: 1.3 (75)
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Maxim Ananov
- © 2007-2012 Maxim Ananov
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later