With HBO GO you can watch big premieres as they air—plus every episode of HBO’s addictive series such as Game of Thrones, Insecure, Ballers, and so much more.
In addition to getting new movies every week, you also get news, comedy specials, smart talk shows, thought-provoking documentaries, and the special events everyone’s talking about.
You can watch HBO GO on your favorite screen—phone, tablet, computer, connected TV or gaming device.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories. Some restrictions apply. ©2018 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
For help, please visit help.hbogo.com.
Terms of Service: http://play.hbogo.com/terms
Get the latest update for bug fixes and performance improvements – it’s the best way to stream new episodes of Camping and The Deuce, full seasons of Game of Thrones, Westworld and more.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Accessing HBO but the app lags the competition
Edit: Another minor change that would make a big difference is this: add a “pick up where you left off” or “Watch Next” feature on the home screen. For example, I watch GoT from the app. The issue is every time I open the app, I have to search for GoT. EVERY other major streaming app has this feature (“Watch Next” on Prime Video suggests the very next episode on its home screen). I think this is a “low hanging fruit” for the developers to implement. Thanks!
Original: I have no issues with this app giving me access to everything HBO. However, the app is behind other streaming apps in a few ways. It leads to me using other streaming services in many situations. The two big issues with the app are turning off auto play the next episode and resuming streaming after leaving the app and coming back to it. For the first issue, I sometime fall asleep while watching episodes. This is an issue when I wake up and it never stopped after the end of the episode. It will literally stream until the I finally wake up.
For the second issue, this app is bad at resuming an episode after switching apps. For example, if I need to reply to a text and leave the stream, when I come back to the stream it gets stuck buffering, forcing me to leave the episode and come back to it.
These should be easy fixes for the developers so please try to make it happen.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your feedback. We will pass these comments and suggestions along to our team. Thank you. ^HBO GO Customer Support.
This app is great idk what everyone is ranting about!
Guys you didn't buy this app because it's a free bonus feature added on with your tv subscription. For me it's easy to log onto HBO and the tv verification process is faster then typing in all the info on a tv clicker which can be tedious sometimes. It's a waste of HBO's viable time and money to add on a search bar under the service providers panel. This app might not be so easy for older generations, but for me it works almost flawlessly. I can watch The Sopranos with no problems and I'm a happy camper overall. Think of the bigger picture guys, if this was HBO Now I would somewhat agree with the general audience, but, due to the generosity of HBO giving us this app as a bonus, be thankful. I wasn't payed to write this if you think I was un bias. These reviews probably do nothing anyways because people always will continue to download the app and my review was probably a waste of my time personally.
Good Sh... Stuff! Kinda...
It does what I needed to do, looks nice, and functions as well as the PS3-version of the app. More than satisfied when watching on the device that launched the app.
The functionality with Chromecast, however, is quite poor.
1. Why is the little carrot-arrow the ONLY part of the minimized controls that will maximize to the full control screen?
2. Why do items that are hidden or obstructed visually by the minimized control bar, seem to always have touch preference? I tap any of the mini controls, especially that nearly untappable carrot-arrow, and the app starts playing whatever happened to be underneath. And, when that happens, what I was trying to watch is not available under "continue watching", so I must find it again; restarting from the beginning.
3. Why do the 10-second skip controls persist while casting? Have you ever used other casting apps? The rest convert their 10-second skip controls to 30-second skip when casting. Every control executes after a buffering delay, except pause and (resume) play. So, it takes about 5 seconds to execute a 10-second skip OR a 30-second skip. To put it in perspective, a 30-second skip would be equally frustrating if it takes 15 seconds to execute. And, if a 10-second skip takes 15 seconds to execute, your app should either have a drug habit, or be traveling near the speed of causality (a.k.a. the speed of light).
- Home Box Office Inc.
- 57.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2017 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.