With HBO NOW you can watch big premieres as they air—plus your favorite episodes of HBO’s addictive series such as Game of Thrones, Westworld, My Brilliant Friend, and so much more.
In addition to getting new movies every week, you also get news, comedy specials, smart talk shows, thought-provoking documentaries, and the special events everyone’s talking about.
Getting started is easy. Just download the app to sign up for your free trial (afterward just $14.99/month. Free trial is for new customers only.). Watch on your favorite screen—phone, tablet, connected TV or gaming device—and on your computer at HBONOW.com. Cancel anytime.
Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current billing period. You can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
HBO NOW® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories. Some restrictions apply. ©2018 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO NOW® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
For help, please visit help.hbonow.com.
Terms of Service: https://play.hbonow.com/terms
Videos now appear full-screen on new iPad Pro models. Get the latest update and stream new episodes of True Detective, Barry, Veep and more. Stream the final season of Game of Thrones starting on April 14th.
Ratings and Reviews
Plays movies, that’s about it
First the positive: This app lets you browse and play the HBO catalog, and it does a good job in this.
However, comparing this to pretty much every other movie streaming app out there, it has serious shortcomings in other expected capabilities, for example:
- Get any information about a listing. For many movies you don’t know what it’s about, you want to read at least a sentence or two to understand it’s premise. Especially documentaries often have an ambiguous title. I have found no way to get to descriptive text, clicking on a movie means playing it. Even if there is information *somewhere*, the app has failed in usability here. Googling he movie is not an acceptable alternative.
- Find the shows you are currently watching. Granted, other services like Netflix are also doing a terrible job in guiding you to the movies you have started watching, but HBO just doesn’t have this functionality at all. It would be easy to have a “Continue watching” section prominently at the beginning, but it’s nowhere to be found. There must be some logic in making you scroll all the way to “Westworld” or searching for it to watch the next episode. Yes, the workaround is to put the show in your “list”, but why?
Developer Response ,
Hi, shows and movies that you've partially watched during the last 30 days automatically appear on your Continue Watching list. To add something to your Continue Watching list, play a show or movie for a few minutes then pause or stop the video: http://itsh.bo/1F9mGiB
We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. We strive to improve #HBONOW, and please know suggestions are always welcome. Thanks. ^HBO NOW Customer Support.
Inferior in all ways to HBO Go?!?
I lost access to HBO because of the corporate spat with Dish network. So I finally subscribed through HBO Now, but was astounded how incredibly inferior their UI was compared to their Go app, The whole process of adding watchlist items and navigating was so much better there than this clumsy feeling now I am forced to use now. How is it they offer a parallel app to the same content and generate such a terrible user experience in comparison?
But the worst thing: according to their user support there is absolutely no way to disable auto play. That is of significant issue with me and I will most certainly drop this app within a couple of months purely because of this. Even the most egregious streaming apps for forcing auto play down their users throats have come around to allowing it to be disabled.
Developer Response ,
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to rate and review. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely share your thoughts on our product design with our team.
For additional support, please reach out to our team here so that we may assist you: itsh.bo/nowrequest thank you. ^HBO NOW Customer Support
Parental controls are a pain
The app is pretty easy to browse through and watch but it a huge pain to keep changing parental controls when ever my kids want to watch something and then switch back. It would be a lot easier to allow streaming of restricted content by entering a quick passcode only parents know instead of going to setting and changing everything. This method would also prevent any mistakes in which parents forget to switch restrictions back on after watching. Not well designed for people with kids.
- HBO Digital Services, Inc.
- 44.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- © 2019 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- HBO NOW℠ $14.99
- HBO NOW℠ $14.99
- HBO NOW℠ $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.