Heads Up: Holdem HD (1-on-1 Poker)
By Headlight Software, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play 1-on-1 Texas Hold'em anywhere. Play against your iPad's smart opponents, or Wirelessly against a friend, each on your own iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch*. Or even play a friend by sharing one iPad like a chessboard too.
Easy and elegant touch controls keep the mechanics of the game simple and beautiful. (The iPhone version placed in the "Best App Ever" awards for Casino Games.)
* For one player, play against a smart AI opponent.
* Several AI personalities (with widely different styles and who all play advanced poker strategies) keep it fun and challenging even for expert poker players.
* Upgrade, then beat each to earn their card protector to use in the game.
* Awesome wireless play. You and a friend, each on your own iPad. Or play on your iPad against an iPhone or iPod touch with "Heads Up: Hold'em" too!
* GameCenter online multiplayer lets you play against anyone in the world!
* Share one device and use your iPad like a chess board between two people. Heads Up: Hold'em can either just deal the cards (letting you use real world chips) or both deal the cards and let you bet virtual chips onscreen against a friend.
* No Limit Texas Hold'em
* Upgrade to play with up to 50,000 chips. Choose your blinds, starting stack size, and how quickly the blinds increase. (In the Settings)
* Easy and intuitive touch controls keep the mechanics of the game simple. Spin to set your bet amount, then push the pile of chips into the "bet" circle to place your bet. Or drag your cards to the center to fold. In two player games, simply slide the chip off your cards to peek.
* Beautiful photographic images and realistic sounds make it feel right.
* AI opponents vary from aggressive to careful.
* Upgrade for dozens of awards to earn and use as card protectors in the game.
* "Peek Counter" prevents cheating in two player games.
** Wirelessly vs an iPhone or iPod touch will require one of the regular iPhone, non HD versions of Heads Up: Hold'em.
What's New in Version 4.4.1
* Bug Fixes
My favorite poker game. Still after 5 years.
Update: I've seen a few reviews that claim that the computer cheats in its own favor. I disagree. In heads up play, if you expect to win 60 or 70 percent of hands played you're either dreaming or playing some really poor opponents.
Does the computer opponent get lucky? Sometimes. On the other hand, I've seen the computer make some pretty outrageous bets on risky calls. That's not the way to program a cheating app.
Enjoyable but not very realistic
I would love to have an opponent like this game. I'm currently winning 78% after 84 games. The game never folds a bad hand and when I go all in the game will alway match the bet regardless of the hand it holds. It does bet aggressively but I have found it has no relation to the game's hand. If I have a respectable hand and go all in the games usually loses. If you love to win a lot of heads up hands this is the game for you. But don't use it to practice for a real game. No opponent would go all in with one pair.
Fun, light entertainment. You can play by yourself or with others. Won't get you ready for Vegas but fun none the less!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 09, 2014
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Headlight Software, Inc.
- © 2014 Headlight Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade: More Chips, Opponents, & Awards$4.99
- "Dead Man's Hand" Protector$0.99
- "Bling Bling" Protector$1.99
- "Silver Clock" Protector$1.99
- "Heads Up Jacks" Protector$0.99
- "Gold Clock" Protector$1.99
- "Bling" Protector$0.99
- "Quad-Kings" Protector$0.99
- "Brass Clock" Protector$1.99
- "Sapphire Gem" Protector$0.99