Introducing *heart/work*, the only iOS app that generates original artwork based on your unique health information. Bridging the gap between wellbeing and health data, heart/work creates layered visuals to provide at-a-glance synopsis using meditative breathing exercises, your heartbeat and environmental data from your current surroundings.
Maintain your exercise streaks by completing heart/work everyday and generate a new piece of art, straight from your heart.
The heart/work is generated based on different attributes like:
- heart beat s during exercise
- HRV (heart rate variability)
- resting heart beat
- # of steps taken
- distance for running / walking
- stairs climbed
- active energy burned
- local weather & climate
- location information
- favorite color
Customize the number of breaths, meditation session length, and favorite color - let heart/work do the rest.
heart/work is using HealthKit data to create visuals. Access to the data is required for the app to work. No personally identifiable data is ever shared with anyone.
Created with love at the Apple Developer Academy in Naples, Italy.
heart/work is happy to announce the following updates:
- Apple Watch app now allows to complete exercises independent from iPhone app
- generative artworks are now created whenever a new breathing exercise has been completed
- the artworks created are now animated and interactive for a more immersive experience
- unlimited interactions with the artworks can be unlocked
- bug fixes and overall performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
(Updated) Well at least it works, kinda..
The latest update solved the crashing problem, however, after the breathing exercise, the stats page is buggy and just simply incorrect. I assume the app just couldn't gather the actual stats correctly. For example, my resting heart rate was shown as "9999.0" - My active energy was "99999.0" - and the 'stairs stat' also shows up as "9999.0".
This app has some serious potential, I love the idea, however the software just needs some maintenance and tweaking, just like every other app does when it first hits the store. If you guys stick with it and never stop working towards perfection, you'll eventually reach the point where the app is effortless to use and also provide the user with useful, interesting data! I wish you the best of luck, keep the updates coming! Hope this helps!
- Moritz Philip Recke
- 21 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Marco Falanga, Ottavio Gelone, Baldev Ghelani, Giselle Katics, Mikey Krieger, Moritz Philip Recke
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.