Heidi story collection - lite version
By JustKidsApps - Katrin Draemann Barothy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This lite version contains the first 4 pages from each of the three single apps 'Heidi on the alp', 'Heidi in Frankfurt' and 'Heidi and Klara', as well as 2 out of 6 items from the 'bits and bobs' section of each app.
This Freemium app can be upgraded to full version via in-App-Purchase in the 'for parents' section.
Heidi. For many of us the name conjures memories of childhood with the story of a little orphaned girl who charms all (or at least most!) of those around her. In 1880, Johanna Spyri wrote the book that has become probably the most famous work of Swiss fiction. Its subtitle was “for children and those who love children” and its themes of love, friendship and loyalty ring as true today as they did then. This classic story, written over 130 years ago, has now been adapted for another generation of children to enjoy in app form.
In addition to the timeless story, the app has several elements designed to enchant and engage little readers. The beautiful and detailed illustrations offer a window for modern children, through which they can discover the dress, hairstyles and customs of a bygone age. The book’s colourful characters are brought vividly to life by the voice talent of professional actors. The sound effects and interactive elements within the app add further depth and the combination of all these features serves to recreate a time and place which now exists only within our imagination. The text (available in both English and German) is simple enough that young children can enjoy the book either with a parent or using the ‘Read to me’ mode. The accessibility of the text also means that reluctant readers up to the age of 12 can discover the story themselves via the ‘Read Myself’ option.
- Two abridged versions of the Heidi book by Johanna Spyri: one version from Heidi's point of view, the other in the third person.
- Wonderfully detailed illustrations by Diana Kizlauskas
- English and German language available
- 'Read to me' option with professional narration and text highlighting
- The version from Heidi's point of view is read by a girl in Heidi's age
- Interactive audio-elements, spoken by actors
- bits and bobs section with lots of fun extras
We take your child's privacy seriously and want to let you know what this app does and does not include:
- does not include analytics
- does not include any tracking
- does not collect personal information
- does not include ads
- does not include social network features.
- does include In-App-Purchases to upgrade to the full version
- does include links to JustKidsApps' website and to the App Store
- includes a quiz where as a reward you can send a picture for coloring via email. We do not save your email address or use it in any way.
JustKidsApps is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10
Categories: Book, Classics, Reading
What's New in Version 1.2
- Text highlighting in German version added
- Improved text highlighting in English version
- Audio settings within the app
- new look and feel of menu and buttons
- Category: Books
- Updated: May 09, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 402 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: JustKidsApps - Katrin Draemann Barothy
- © 2012 JustKidsApps - Katrin Draemann Barothy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Heidi story collection - upgrade to full version$4.99