Welcome to the HIMSS eBooks app. By downloading the app, your HIMSS eBooks App library can be easily accessed directly through your iPad.
With your HiMSS eBooks library App, you can read the books, browse books by category, search metadata, add bookmarks, take notes, search within title and much more.
- Support for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Could access to 2012 Annual Report of the USA hospital IT market which I was looking for..
I would love suggest this app for all those health IT related professionals....it's very useful and easy to use.
HiMSS eBooks Needed Updates
I recently joined The Health Information Management Systems Society and registered for their store. Like many people today, I find myself preferring use of an eReader when doing research or even pleasure reading. Although I do find the content of the eBooks offered through the HiMSS Bookstore very interesting, it is not what I would call pleasure reading; it is research material equipping me for professional endeavor.
In light of the reality that this material, for most, falls into the category of research, educational or professional development reading, I would like to request the developers update the HiMSS eBooks application with the following tools:
1) Highlight Tool - in the course of reading the offered material there a frequently passages that I would like to be able to highlight for ease of identification when I return to the book to refresh my understanding.
2) Naming Capability for Bookmarks - again this capability will facilitate more rapid indexing of material when revisiting it either for reference or refresh of understanding.
3) Reference Capability - in most of the other eReader applications currently available in the iTunes App Store, there exists the capability to highlight a word or phrase and "look it up" either in an integrated dictionary, on Google, in Wikipedia, or all three (the fourth option being the most preferred). This is an extraordinarily useful function in terms of contextualizing topics contained in the eBooks.
4) Place Saving Functionality - most eReaders automatically save the page upon which the reader was working at exit from the application. The current version of this application does not include this functionality which is inconvenient when returning to the material after some time away.
In its current form I would certainly still recommend this application for the content it presents, which is both unique and enlightening. However, were the aforementioned suggestions integrated in to the next version/update, I would strongly recommend this application for all who are pursuing research, education or continuing professional development in the field of health information management.
I thank you for your consideration of this review and I look forward to finding the proposed updates in future versions of this application.
- IMPELSYS INC
- 61.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, Italian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © iPublishCentral
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.