This is the free version of Hindenburg Field Recorder. NOTE: RECORDINGS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY STOPPED AFTER 1 MINUTE. This is the only limitation of the LITE version compared to HINDENBURG FIELD RECORDER, that is available for purchase in iTunes App Store ***
Hindenburg Field Recorder is made with radio production in mind. It will work equally well for anyone conducting interviews for podcasts or research.
It’s all about the story.....
Create your interview in three simple steps:
Step 1: Record interview and set markers at points of interest
Step 2: Edit recording with cut, copy, paste and more...
Step 3: Share your interview with attached picture and location
Simply begin recording whenever a story occurs.
Set markers at points of interest in the interview. Markers make it easier to navigate large interviews. Finding those good soundbites can otherwise be a tedious job.
Add additional recordings to your session. This could be speaks or background sounds and more.
Hindenburg Field Recorder has all the editing features needed for creating a radio interview.
The interface is kept simple and uncluttered. But there is more to it than meets the eye.
* Non-destructive editing with full undo/redo.
* Cut, copy, paste, insert, break, clear, move, trim and change volume of regions
* Adjust playback position with audible scrub
* Rehearse edit or play selection
* Add fade in and fade out or create cross-fades between regions
* Create, delete and rename markers, jump between markers
* Copy and paste audio between sessions
* Add jingles or sound bites from the favorites clipboard.
* Use the built in compressor/limiter to increase overall volume.
To find out more check the support URL where you will find a download link to the the PDF guide.
There are five ways of getting your interviews out of the device.
1. Send to your computer (With Hindenburg Journalist)
2. Send as e-mail
3. Upload to FTP servers
4. Share on SoundCloud
5. Share to iTunes
6. Use "Open in..." to send audio to other apps
Records audio as 16 or 24-bit / 44.1 or 48kHz PCM.
Stereo recording supported with suitable accessories.
Option to monitor with headphones while recording.
Share audio as WAV, AAC, MP2 or ALAC with adjustable compression parameters.
Hindenburg Radio Tools are developed and tested in a collaborations with radio professionals.
* Fixed cases where external microphone did not work
* Fixed session list out of order
* Fixed display when more than 100 markers
* Made it possible to pause recording when using voice over
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't work well without purchasing the whole system
I thought I could use this to record and then either edit in my iPhone or easily transfer to my computer to edit. Not so much. Didn't work with IMovie and the only option to transfer was email or FTP. It would be nice if it worked with Dropbox. Not for me.
Don’t use, don’t get, don’t support
Really fricking annoying that it stops at one minute. Don’t use this, the fact that they can’t offer you more than that unless you pay 30$ is ridiculous.
As far as I know this is the first iPhone app that will do true cut and paste audio editing. That part is brilliant. I can't believe it scrubs audio like it was analog tape. (yes, I'm that old). It works great with Blue Mikey despite OS warnings that it is not compatible.
The online video tutorials are great but not comprehensive. A manual would be really helpful. It took me quite a while to figure out the wireless sync between the Mobile version and desktop app. Freakin' fast by the way. And I love being able to FTP files to my server, even over 3G! The only thing that would make transfering files better for me is integration with Dropbox. But that's just nit-picking.
I still can't figure out the workflow to Hindenberg Journalist. I can transfer sessions. That works perfectly. But it arrives in Journalist as a mono or stereo session and I can't figure out how to add tracks. If I start a new session in Hindenberg Journalist it has plenty of tracks. Does this mean they expect me to edit and export my field recordings before I add music & Voice Over? If so , that's kind of lame. Also no processing plug-ins for Hindenberg Journalist.
Bottom line Hindenberg Mobile is great. Hindenberg Journalist is almost great.
BTW- I bought the full version of Hindenberg Mobile. Guess I should cut & paste my review on that page.
- Hindenburg Systems ApS
- 3.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 HIndenburg Systems ApS.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.