HomeBudget with Sync
By Anishu, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now available in mobile [iPhone/iPad] and desktop versions [Mac OS, Windows], including instant data sync between mobile/desktop versions. (Separate purchase required for each OS platform).
A lite version of HomeBudget is available under the free applications category. Give it a try.
Contact email@example.com, if you need help. We have no way of contacting you if you post an issue as a review.
HomeBudget is an integrated expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances. It offers support for budgeting, and allows analysis of your expenses and income, including charts and graphs. Two key differentiating features of HomeBudget are:
1. Integrated set of features. The features within HomeBudget are well integrated such that a bill can become an expense (when you pay for it) and also adjust the account balance at the same time.
2. Family sync. HomeBudget includes Family Sync, an advanced feature that allows a group of devices within the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget. Once setup, the devices sync with each other automatically over the air. Family Sync works across all features including Bills and Accounts. Please refer to the Family Sync Quick Start guide at http://www.anishu.com for information on configuring Family Sync.
- Create/Edit/Delete expenses and recurring expenses
- Browse expense entries by month, by category/date with the ability to drill-down
- Optionally associate an account and payee with an expense
- Attach photo images of receipts; drag and resize images on screen
- Support for multiple currencies and automatic exchange rate conversion
- Search expense entries
- Create/Edit/Delete income and recurring income
- Optionally associate an account with the income
- Create/Edit/Delete bills and recurring bills
- Support for Payees, and track payments by Payee.
- Make payment on bills either an as expense or as a transfer (to avoid double accounting your expenses)
- Calendar and list view of Bills
- Bill reminders
Categories and Budget
- Create/Edit/Delete expense categories and sub-categories
- Set a budget, and track expenses at the category/sub-category level.
- Associate icons with the categories and reorder category display order
- Budget rollover
- Classify expenses into fixed, variable and discretionary and compute your disposable income
- Support for Accounts such as Checking, Savings, Credit, Debit, Cash, etc.
- Associate your expense and income entries with your accounts and accurately track account balances.
- View transactions, and do transfer between accounts.
- Ability to choose a different base currency for each account
- Trend chart for Expense, Budget and Income for the last 6 months
- Pie/Bar charts for expense break-down (Available in the Expenses screen).
- Export data/reports by email or via WiFi
- Automatically sync multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, iTouch) in the household and see the same numbers on all devices over 3G and WiFi
- Work within the same budget with other members of the household
- Backup/Restore complete application data, including all receipts
- Ability to upload your own list of category icons
- Large numeric keypad for expense/income amount entry
- HomeBudget follows the locale/region setting on your device and shows date and currency symbols appropriate for your region
Visit http://www.anishu.com to see more screenshots, and to download the user guide (PDF, 42 pages).
What's New in Version 3.2.5
- Ability to backup receipt images into multiple zip files (in Settings->Backup/Restore->Wifi).
Really Great App
I love this app. I like how I can categorize expenses, set up bills (and it automatically makes them an expense when I mark them paid), I like having all my accounts and being able to transfer money between them so it doesn't cause redundancy. However my only dislike is that when I set up in my budget to put money into savings, the only way to do that and keep my account balances correct is to transfer money from checking to savings (which is in reality what I do obviously), however when you transfer money there is no option to categorize that so it never shows that I've used that money in my budget. Therefore my overall budget says I have X amount of money left, when in reality I've moved that money to another account where I don't want to touch it. I just keep an eye on it, but it would be nice to have an option to account for a budget item when transferring money between accounts.
I've been using this App for 4 years and it has progressively gotten worse and worse. The "family user guide is 5 years old"
1. Devices won't sync with home device and very sporadic when they do
2. As to the calendar issue...you can't schedule anything after the 28th because of Feb. the app is to stupid to make exceptions for days in the month so it rolls anything over and you end up with a bunch of bills on the 1st.
3. It's not a user friendly app, recurring bill edit will cause duplicate entries and you will find yourself deleting 2 years worth of bills.
4. The infinite option doesn't work when creating a recurring bill, the bills won't show on the calendar. You have to give every bill a 2yr end date.
5. When your other IOS devices decide to sync they will send expense or bills paid to the home device but anything done on the home device won't reciprocate and your hand held won't update.
6. Don't even get me started on the PC version.
I could write 20 more issues but it's time to scrap this Java monster and start from scratch.
7. Don't bother trying to connect your bank as this company isn't associated so the banks will not let them access your accounts.
8. You can find ways to make everything work that's broken but you have to do it creatively vs using the apps features.
Keep looking, NOT AS ADVERTISED
For the $20 I ended up paying for the PC app and the iPhone app its just not really worth it. There are different screens for recurring expense, 1 time expenses, bills, budget, income, etc, it just doesn't need to be that complicated folks. You cannot change the amount/date of a single instance of a recurring expense(IE a montly bill that can vary in amount), and they also don't show up in the expense list until the date for the recurring expense passes. All you really need is one screen showing all income and expenses together, with an option to make expenses recurring in the background, but you also have to have the option of changing each individual instance of an expense/income without affecting the entire series. I can kind of work my way around the quirks but it is annoying at best.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jul 18, 2016
- Version: 3.2.5
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Anishu, Inc.
- © 2016 Anishu, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.