Horcrux Email Backup
By Suhas Tech
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Horcrux lets you automatically backup your mails from any IMAP supported email accounts with great ease. The best part is, you have an option to restore the backed up emails to any other email account, retaining all your tags/folder hierarchy.
"Horcrux is handy since you don't actually have to think about it when it's running" - Lifehacker
Note: This is a background app, it resides on the Mac menu bar called "H". Click on that to get back to the preferences.
- Tested with iCloud, Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange. It should work on most email accounts.
- Incremental backups
- Automated backups at multiple locations (server and local) using the Hooks functionality.
- Supports multiple email accounts
- Add the accounts, set the backup frequency and it'll unobtrusively backup emails in the background
- Native Email Browsing interface where you can undelete specific emails (in case of user error)
- Independent IMAP Server to Server migration utility
- Clever restore process that'll skip already existing emails
- Stores emails in open format (.eml) which can be opened in clients like Apple Mail
- Can export emails in open format as .mbox
Please feel free to contact us in case of any problems https://thehorcrux.com/support
Note: Google and Microsoft are trademarks of their respective owners.
What's New in Version 4.0.4
- Fallback script is now created for every backup. Thanks Dan.
Unexpected Crash with No Warning or Reason
Decided to purchase this software after reading various reviews of mail archiving software.
I’ve attempted to run it on one of my email accounts. It crashes after 10-20 minutes, the app closes and there are no logs or other way to determine what’s wrong.
This indicates this isn’t really “finished” software. I object to paying YOU to beta test YOUR software. I’ll be asking for a refund from Apple.