!!! IMPORTANT NOTE: HOTSEAT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR CONSUMERS YET. TO USE HOTSEAT YOU MUST HAVE A PIN SUPPLIED BY YOUR EMPLOYER OR HEALTH PLAN!!!
Turn short social breaks into meaningful activity with Hotseat, a health app that’s an anytime, anywhere addition to workplace wellness programs. Good for the non-athlete and active employee, Hotseat combats "sitting disease" by setting up a personal schedule of 2-minute activity breaks based on each employees' capability, comfort and calendar availability. Hotseat uses a system of nudges, social accountability and gameplay to get employees up and moving regularly throughout the day.
Employees create a personalized roster of activities:
- Pick from over 40 activities, including cardio, strength and stretch activities
- Consider intensity level so they pick activities they feel comfortable doing
- Have detailed how-to instructions to support proper performance
Employees set their micro-break schedule:
- Choose how many activity breaks they want to take each day
- Set when they do and don't want to receive these breaks
- Sync with their calendar availability or get breaks pushed at a selected scheduled frequency
Hotseat establishes a daily rotating calendar of activity breaks:
- Pushes activity alert at scheduled break time
- Allows "snooze" time of up to 15 minutes
- Lets employee add new activity breaks at any time
Employees compete in friendly challenges:
- Play the Hotseat game, an elimination game
- Choose from theme-based challenges like the “Return of Jane Fonda”
- Select the start date of their challenge and their opponents
- Include friends and family outside of work (Varies by employer)
- Use strategy and passed activities to eliminate their opponents
- View average activity minutes, game wins and other stats (employees)
Calendar: Fixed bug that caused some issues with schedule syncing
Ratings and Reviews
I'd like to give it 5 stars
But until a couple things happen, I can't
1) a beep or other noise when the timer is done
2) a consumer version is available
3) you can invite more than one person
4) the calendar interface works again - it stopped working about a week ago
My coworkers think I'm nuts for jumping up & doing the exercises, but I feel better!?
I love this app!
This app is a fun, easy, and effective way to get us all up and moving throughout the day. With all the reports about how bad sitting all day is for us, I couldn't wait to give this a try!
There are many varied and fun activities within each category (cardio, strength, stretching), and they can really be a workout in 2 minutes! The activities are clearly described, you get lots of choices and options, and the app looks great.
My only problem is that it works too well -- in that it reminds me how engrossed in my work, and thus lazy and sedentary, I can be during the day -- because I don't always feel like getting up and taking my breaks!
Great simple app
The designers of this app have gone out of their way to make it simple, intuitive and fun. Tons of exercises to choose from, clear descriptions, simple icons and irreverent humor peppered throughout. You need your employer to sponsor the app in order to get a pin to access it. But with wellness being such a hot topic to drive down healthcare costs and increase productivity it should be a no brainer. Now I've gotta go do my desk pushups!
- MAD POW MEDIA SOLUTIONS, LLC
- 5.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 context communication consulting llc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.