Hotspot Shield VPN -Best VPN for WiFi Security, Privacy, Unblock Sites
By AnchorFree Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
World's most popular VPN with over 175 million downloads. Try it for FREE!
The #1 security app on iOS.
* Unblock any websites; unblock Facebook, unblock YouTube or others such as Netflix and Hulu where they are blocked
* Get unrestricted access to VOIP services and messaging apps such as Skype anywhere
* Secure your WiFi connection with HTTPS encryption
* Prevent hackers from stealing your private information
* Browse the web privately & anonymously
* Compatible with Mac OSX 10.7 or later
5 stars- "Control your Privacy and Security - I've now tried them all (VPNs) as I travel 200k miles each year. This is the only VPN that works consistently, especially in MENA and APAC. This is the only one with REAL support. This is the only one with malware protection. This is the only one with data compression, (saving me big money on data roaming). If you want privacy, security (& Pandora when you are outside the US), and data savings, then look no further. JMHO" – Cster
5 stars- "Love it!!! - Thank you, creators of Hotspot Shield!!!! Now I can access US content abroad!!!!! Love it!!!!!" - Xuxubee
* Protect yourself while using Wi-Fi hotspots (VPN encrypts all internet traffic); protect your identity, your IP address and stop unwanted tracking. Share and communicate privately.
* Gives you access to your favorite sites: Unblock any blocked content and services - get Facebook, Skype, BBC, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Viber, VOIP and other services wherever you are: at work, school or while traveling
* Take full control: you can choose country IP to connect, change data compression levels, and if you want to start the VPN automatically or not.
Hotspot Shield Elite is available in two subscription options:
* Hotspot Shield Elite Service - Monthly - $4.99 / mo
* Hotspot Shield Elite Service - Yearly - $29.99 / yr
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. You can manage your subscription settings within the Account Settings after purchase. If you have any questions about the auto-renewing subscriptions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More info is also available here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
Hotspot Shield VPN is free to download and available for: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac OS X.
Follow us on…
Also check out our desktop version: http://www.hotspotshield.com
Thank you for all the support!
What's New in Version 1.1.1
* Bug fixes and optimizations
Cumbersome HSSElite "Zendesk" Support Service
With "Elite" in the title….
Online reviews, tech-gurus, all tout this app, but there is scant input re: customer service side. I've had this app a total 8 days, experiencing issues immediately, starting with 7-day Free Trail period that abruptly ended after just 24 hours only to have a restriction placed on the service and a request for payment, to making a purchase through iTunes that was not recognized, to various kinds of technical issues that include protection dropping, missing buttons on control panels and dashboards, delinking device automatically reinstalling the device, this to name a few. And the cherry-on-top, cumbersome support. Experienced habitual ticket rollovers without given explanation marking them "solved," confusion caused by multiple people responding to requests, no follow-ups, slow email system, no chat or phone capability, lack of insight as to when an issue should be escalated. Basically, we never got pass initial formalities to move on to a resolution.
This was my first experience with a VPN subscription. iPhone with iOS 8.1.1
Nothing "zen" about it.
Most unreliable VPN ever
This app is frustratingly spotty. It is only connected half the time it says it is... I have learned that when it connects to a Columbus IP address, the “shield" doesn’t actually work. Ex: if you are in the UK trying to connect to US Netflix or ABC, it won’t allow you to view content or will change the content you are able to view. However, when you’re lucky enough to install a San Jose or Sacremento IP address, it works smoothly. The problem is you have to occassionally reinstall a profile and have no control over the location of the IP address you are given so your service is hit or miss. Mostly miss. Save yourself the headache and steer clear of buying this terrible product and “service”.
Do not waste your money!!!
I used the free version Hotspot Shield a few years ago in Korea and loved it. decided to purchase it when i got to Japan. This is by far the least expensive VPN you can get at $30 for the year, however, it is horrible. Worked ok for about 2 months then every website thought i was in germany. I tried reinstalling as a last ditch effort to get it working again but then couldnt even start it, kept wanted to download a profile configuration, which i would install but then be prompted to do it all over again. a waste of money, time and effort. worth paying more for an application that works instead.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 16, 2014
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AnchorFree Inc.
- © AnchorFree, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Elite Service$4.99
- Elite Service$29.99
- Monthly Elite Service$4.99
- Yearly Elite Service$29.99