Hotspot Shield VPN -Best VPN for WiFi Security, Privacy, Unblock Sites
By AnchorFree Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
World's most popular VPN with over 175 million downloads. Try it for FREE!
The #1 security app on iOS.
* Unblock any websites; unblock Facebook, unblock YouTube or others such as Netflix and Hulu where they are blocked
* Get unrestricted access to VOIP services and messaging apps such as Skype anywhere
* Secure your WiFi connection with HTTPS encryption
* Prevent hackers from stealing your private information
* Browse the web privately & anonymously
* Compatible with Mac OSX 10.7 or later
5 stars- "Control your Privacy and Security - I've now tried them all (VPNs) as I travel 200k miles each year. This is the only VPN that works consistently, especially in MENA and APAC. This is the only one with REAL support. This is the only one with malware protection. This is the only one with data compression, (saving me big money on data roaming). If you want privacy, security (& Pandora when you are outside the US), and data savings, then look no further. JMHO" – Cster
5 stars- "Love it!!! - Thank you, creators of Hotspot Shield!!!! Now I can access US content abroad!!!!! Love it!!!!!" - Xuxubee
* Protect yourself while using Wi-Fi hotspots (VPN encrypts all internet traffic); protect your identity, your IP address and stop unwanted tracking. Share and communicate privately.
* Gives you access to your favorite sites: Unblock any blocked content and services - get Facebook, Skype, BBC, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Viber, VOIP and other services wherever you are: at work, school or while traveling
* Take full control: you can choose country IP to connect, change data compression levels, and if you want to start the VPN automatically or not.
Hotspot Shield Elite is available in two subscription options:
* Hotspot Shield Elite Service - Monthly - $4.99 / mo
* Hotspot Shield Elite Service - Yearly - $29.99 / yr
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. You can manage your subscription settings within the Account Settings after purchase. If you have any questions about the auto-renewing subscriptions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More info is also available here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
Hotspot Shield VPN is free to download and available for: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac OS X.
Follow us on…
Also check out our desktop version: http://www.hotspotshield.com
Thank you for all the support!
What's New in Version 1.1.1
* Bug fixes and optimizations
Most unreliable VPN ever
This app is frustratingly spotty. It connects less than half the time… At first, I learned that when it connected to a Columbus IP address, the “shield” didn't actually work. Ex: if you are in the UK trying to connect to US Netflix or ABC, it won’t allow you to view content OR let you go on a netflix site with limited content. When you’re lucky enough to install a San Jose or Sacremento IP address, it works smoothly for about 12 hours - then you have to reinstall another IP profile and have no control over the location of the IP address you are given so your service is hit or miss. Mostly miss. That was the first few months with the “service” — it has gotten worse. Now, I will try to log on to a website and I am literally BLOCKED from accessing a site because it says “increased risk - and “hotspot shield protection has ended”. When I try to sign in to show I (stupidly) bought a year’s worth and my membership has NOT expired - it will go back to the warning page as if I never signed in. It’s awful. Such a mess. Save yourself the headache and steer clear of buying this terrible product and “service”.
Terrible app, do not buy
I bought it for iPhone because reviews for iPhone are pretty good. Then when I checked App Store for Macs and found all kinds of negative feedbacks. Maybe I could be the lucky guy, so I thought. Starting today, this app keeps asking me to download profiles, one after another. I could not stop it so I had to kill the program. I am not so lucky at all. Now look back, why are there big differences between reviews for iPhone and Mac App Store? Also I have not found any feedback from the maker of this app, Anchorfree. It seems that the job is done for Anchorfree once it is put on App Store. Customer service can be very useful to some companies since you can learn your shortcomings and make your products better. But this does not seem to be the case fo Anchorfree.
So my suggestion to the next potential buyers is: DO NOT BUY IT UNLESS THEY PAY YOU.
The HotSpot Shield VPN- unreliable, glicthy, slow. The current version quits unexpectantly in the middle of a session- when it wants, with no warning. It is slow to start and often- maybe one third of the time- requires you to download a new profile, sometimes multiple times- before it will start. In fact, I have just finished downloading and installing multiple new profiles for the second time in a four hour period today. Round and round we go, where we stop… connecting to the U.S. site puts you on google Saudi Arabia. The only VPN profile that seems even remotely reliable is the Canadian site.
I gave this VPN two stars- one may have been more appropriate, but I gave extra credit because the HotSpot Shield is a cheap (but not good) alternative to a better vpn
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 16, 2014
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AnchorFree Inc.
- © AnchorFree, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Elite Service$4.99
- Elite Service$29.99
- Monthly Elite Service$4.99
- Yearly Elite Service$29.99