By EZ Apps, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
7 years of tracking storms on iOS! Hurricane Tracker launched in Aug 2009!
Reviewed by CNN as the best Hurricane Tracking app available for iPhone GOOGLE: "cnn top hurricane app" to read the article!
Hurricane Tracker is the most used & most comprehensive tracking app available on any platform. What makes Hurricane Tracker different from the others in the App Store:
• Receive push alerts (by region) when a new storm forms or threatens landfall
• 65+ maps/images
• In-depth written discussions and analysis from our team
• Real time National Hurricane Center Updates (All NHC advisories & maps)
• Audio tropical updates
• Storm video updates
• Exclusive “Model Watch” section - check often to see what might develop next. Stay ahead of the storm!
• Custom graphics from our team of experts. Exclusive “Alert Level” & “Impact Potential” maps. Not just basic NHC info.
• Share information with friends/family via email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
• Super detailed tropical wave/invest information
• Dozens of satellites
• Much, much more!
There is no other Hurricane tracking app out there that can match the amount of information you get-we guarantee it. Get the information you need to make informed decisions. Review our app store ratings for all versions over 7 years. 4.5 star average!
We charge for our app because it’s not just an automated product, our team is constantly creating graphics & writing detailed discussions to keep you informed. This is our full time job - keeping you ahead of the storms.
Hurricane Tracker covers The Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, Atlantic Ocean & Eastern Pacific. Our app also covers any storms that may affect Hawaii.
We do not cover storms near Australia and the Western Pacific.
WHAT ARE THEY SAYING:
*Houston Press: "Finally, there is Hurricane Tracker. This app may have the best interface of the bunch, with a sliding set of navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen. This one, unlike either of the others, has audio and video updates"
*Email from Customer Scott DeLacy: "With the new maps under Outlook, you have SURPASSED everyone else out there...Hurricane Tracker is now British Virgin Islands Airways' primary tropical data source, No one comes close."
*Valued Customer Ray 007: "As good a review as you can give a service!"
*Valued Customer Dale Gattis: "I've been using this and Hurricane for the last two years and I have really come to rely on this app exclusively. Excellent!"
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS:
Twitter: @hurrtrackerapp (live, real time updates)
*Hurricane Tracker is an extremely data intensive application. A WiFi or strong cellular signal is recommended for the best experience.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
Version 5.0.1 Changes:
> Added In-App purchases for users that would like to give a little extra to support our app & service. You can find these options in settings.
Version 5 Release:
> To celebrate our 7th full season of tracking tropical storms and hurricanes, we are back this season with our biggest update ever! Due to the changes we wanted to make, our app now supports iOS 8+. Here's what's new in Version 5.0:
• New push notification service (Launch the app at least once to configure push alerts so you will receive them going forward) • Receive push alerts based on region (you can choose up to 3 regions in the new settings panel • Added push alert section in app to view current and all recent alerts (app will open to this view when you tap on a push alert) • Rich push notifications with images are supported on devices running iOS 10+ • New push notification sound (wind).
CHANGE DEFAULT BASIN:
• The Atlantic basin is default, but you can change it to Eastern Pacific in the settings app • If you change the default basin to Eastern Pacific, the app will launch to the Eastern Pacific overview page when the app is opened and will also direct the overview, current storms, and outlook sections to Eastern Pacific • You can change back to Atlantic at anytime if you wish.
• Enabled for supported devices • Access storm audio updates, outlooks, current storms and basin overview right from your home screen • If you change your default basin, the 3D touch option for the overview section will automatically change to the non-default basin for quick access.
CURRENT STORM DATA:
• The app will now stay open in the background instead of fully closing • Each time the app is opened, the section you were viewing will auto-refresh to ensure you're getting the latest information • The new white animated hurricane symbol at the top is the new refresh button! Tap on it to refresh content • Pull down anywhere in the app to also refresh data • A new white progress bar will display while a section is loading.
NEW SETTINGS PANEL:
• Select Default Basin • Select up to three regions to receive push alerts for • In-App purchases for users that would like to give a little extra to support our app & service • Review & rate the app • Share app with a friend • App support • App tips • Team contact information.
• New app tips alert will display when the app is first launched • New sections • Better support for iPhone 6/6S/6+/6S+/7/7+ resolutions • New navigation bar with better placed controls • Replaced activity spinner with a white progress bar • White animated hurricane symbol at the top is the new refresh button - it spins when the section is loading! • Enabled swipe gestures on sides of pages to go back and forth • New pull to refresh animation which now shows a blue wave.
> We have also made several fixes to many bugs that were reported and improved the overall stability and speed of the app. We hope you enjoy this new version, we have worked hard to continue to bring you the latest updates on the tropics! Please leave a new review and let us know what you think of the new update. Thanks for using Hurricane Tracker! ~ EZ Apps, Inc.
Best there is!
Being in Southern Florida, tropical storms are a concern June to November, and even outside of these occasionally...
I've tried several weather apps, both paid and free, and many have their own features, but Hurricane Tracker has everything, all the info from NOAA and the National Hurricane Center, plus some screens I don't know where they came from...
Because of this app, no more waiting for 3, 6 & 12 hour reports on local news, when a storm is active these folks have us all tapped in to whatever the NHC, all in one place. They got all the latest satellite images, radar and loops, projected paths from the same computers that run the different models, all the text releases. It's certainly possible to get these on your own (which I used to do), but everything's here!...
In times past it was a problem with the bandwidth, but since service has got better it makes even more sense.
So if you find yourself frustrated waiting on the local news to get the latest about an approaching storm, I recommend Hurricane Tracker. You can even get access from their website too, if you want to see larger versions of satellite and radar.
I went through Andrew, plus every other storm down here since Camille, and after searching, this is the best app I could find for this purpose...
Noticed lately the Weather Channel has been a little ahead of you on updates on weather systems. Come on guys, tighten up! Have had this app for a while now. Please don't let me down. An earlier review I gave you was 5 stars. Get your updates a little more timely 5 stars will come back. Good luck. Getting a little disappointed lately in you guys lately. The weather channel is maybe 12 hours and sometimes 24 hrs ahead. If that's the case why do I need you?? Some of the functionality on your site needs major work. At one time the audio won't shut off. 🙄 Come on guys, do this thing.
BEST hurricane watch app!
I have used Hurricane Tracker for years on my phone, iPod, iPad.
I tried others but this is the one I keep, use, and recommend.
I really like the added updates via twitter, notifications, and emails.
Great job on the updated app. Thanks to the enthusiastic HT team!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 05, 2017
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 22.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: EZ Apps, Inc.
- © 2017 EZ Apps, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Category 5 Contribution$9.99
- Category 3 Contribution$3.99
- Category 1 Contribution$0.99
- Category 2 Contribution$1.99
- Category 4 Contribution$5.99