Hyperlapse from Instagram
By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create amazing time lapse videos with Hyperlapse. Using Instagram’s in-house stabilization, Hyperlapse shoots polished time lapse videos that were previously impossible without bulky tripods and expensive equipment.
When you shoot a time lapse video with Hyperlapse, your footage will be instantly stabilized to smooth out the bumps from the road and give it a cinematic feeling. Capture an entire sunrise in 10 seconds—even from the back of a moving motorcycle. Walk through the crowds at an all-day music festival, then distill it into a 30 second spot. Capture your bumpy trail run and share your 5k in 5 seconds.
* Shoot handheld time lapse videos in motion— while you're walking, running, jumping or falling.
* Smooth out your video for cinematic quality with automatic stabilization.
* Speed up your hyperlapse to be up to 12 times the speed.
* Share your videos seamlessly on Instagram and Facebook or save them to your camera roll to share anywhere, anytime.
* Start filming immediately with a simple design that gets out of the way of your creativity
* Download and start capturing. No sign up or account required.
What's New in Version 1.1.8
Support for iOS9, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s+.
Severe Memory Leak!
Stay away from this app!! I loved the time lapse videos, BUT it consumes iOS system memory and does not release it, ever. There is no memory management/cache clearing function on the app either. The memory simply disappears, not assigned to any particular app. Even if you uninstall the app, the system memory remains used up, the only solution is to completely wipe the phone and reinstall the operating system from scratch! Upgrading to the latest iOS didn't help.
I saw this behavior twice. It took me a while to figure out which app was causing the problem, but I just used the app again and the problem just reoccurred--it grabbed 90GB of memory and now my 128GB phone is full! Thinking back, I realized that the first time memory was all used up was after using Hyperlapse the first time. Now I have to re-wipe the phone and reinstall from scratch. BEWARE!
Simple and useful but needs more options
I use this often to videotape things to post on Instagram and definitely appreciate its ability to speed up the video 8 or 12x. It's simple and pared down on purpose but I would love if it could do just a couple more things: upload existing videos from library. I understand this wouldn't allow hyperlapse to improve stability but I would still use the hyper speed functions.
More importantly, I need this app to allow me to video tape in square mode (for Instagram). If not, at least let me rotate and adjust the video within a square after filming. I end up having to use third party apps for this and I hate that!
I use this with my 6+ and it's a joy to use and watch afterward. My phone does get hot when using it, but it cools back down when I'm done with the app. It's also a bit of a battery hog, but with the quality and marvel of technology that this algorithm represents, I think I'll be just fine! An additional plus is editing with iMovie makes fun r some great takes and mini spots, or whatever interests you. The quality is in your hands and Hyperlapse is an exciting advance for us plebes!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 06, 2015
- Version: 1.1.8
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2014 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.