Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store
• Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection
Great ways to read
• Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors
• Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
• Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail
• Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature
• Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
• Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view
• Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices
• Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud
• See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf
Supports open standards
• iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection
• The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country
• Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access
• Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
What's New in Version 3.2
iBooks has been updated with a beautiful new design for iOS 7.
I love this app, BUT!!!!
With the current sorting methods and view options, I have to keep a library list on my drop box app just to see which title is next in the series. Sorting by release date doesn't always work because titles are often picked up in the middle of a series because of popularity and then the previous volumes are picked up as ebooks at a later date.
-Add capability to sort by volume number. Keep series of books grouped without having to use the categories and move them to a separate folder.
-add ability to zoom in on the cover of the book and the summary like you see when purchasing. After purchasing it is difficult to read the book covers and I often have to go back to the store to see both.
-increase the size and contrast of the top line and the bottom line. I liked the previous versions that made the page numbers and how many pages left in this chapter easy to read. And the time on the top of the page. Would be nice if those features increased along with the font size of the rest of the book. But unfortunately it doesn't and it is in a lighter color than the rest of the font so just looks like a blur.
- if there are updates to books you have already purchased, there should be an option to auto download the updates.
I do hope these suggestions make it to the person who can heavily consider making the changes to make a great app even better.
New design is utterly terrible.
First time I went back into my library from the book I was reading after the change, I thought the iBooks app was glitching and stopped displaying the bookshelf background. A bit of googling later I discovered that this was the "new design". Not really sure if you can even call it a design as it's just mainly white with a dash of gray gradient. Whoever thought this was a good idea should be taken out back and shot. If you're going to do something this drastic to an app a lot of us have grown to love, at least give people the option to revert back to the old theme. Solutions: 1) Instead of a ghastly white page with some sort of line "holding" the books, allow a themes feature for the library (sort of like we have while in a book) and allow people to select from a decent selection of library backgrounds, the original being one of them. 2) Please revert the highlighting back to the orifinal organic style and with the previous colors & opacities. The new colors are too strong, cold, and mechanical. - - At least to me, one of the main draws of iBooks from the onset was the feeling of reading a REAL book. The option to make it look like a book, the page turns, the highlighting that appears as though it could have been made by a previous owner... All these things remind us what we love about books. You guys turned the app into some cold access terminal one might find on the lower deck of a ship bound for parts of nameless outerspace.
Your content, delivered.
Apple's approach to delivering your content is superb. What Apple has done with this app, is the same thing they are doing across the board; They are getting out of the way so you can enjoy your content the way it was meant to be. Furthermore, it has a large selection of fonts and lets you choose between any reasonable color scheme.
Black on white, white on black and sepia are scheme options and if you're not happy with that and you prefer something like neon green letters over a navy blue background, then maybe this app isn't for you. You can change the font size as well to suit your needs, increasing or decreasing total amounts of words per page.
Haven't had a glitch or a modicum of delay it's responsiveness. For me it's been zippy and enjoyable, just like most other things I've encountered from this company.
Thanks again Apple, and let's give it up one time for the cry babies.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 14, 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.