iCab Mobile (Web Browser)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages, like uploading photos on flickr.com or Facebook.com. Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites.
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines. Search suggestions from google and yahoo can be activated on the iPad. It's also possible to search within a web page.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected.
There's a built-in and customizable URL-based filter. The default filters block many advertising banners. You can edit, add or remove filters. It's possible to switch off images to save bandwidth.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically. iCab can save the tabs when quitting so these can be loaded even when being offline, the next time the App is launched.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser. Bookmarks can be also saved as "Offline Bookmarks" which can be even opened without an internet connection.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names (IDN - domain names with language-specific characters).
- Send (smaller) downloads via email
- Cookie Manager, lists all cookies, cookies can be deleted individually
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- Option to pass the current web page to another App on the device which can open the page
- URL autocompletion based on bookmarks and/or history
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
What's New in Version 8.1.1
Important bugfix: The App did crash when launched while updating old settings.
It does (almost) everything except cook dinner...
Mr. Clauss does not include everything this excellent app does in his description. It syncs with Firefox. It slices. It dices... Well, maybe not that...
In addition to the vast list of features that show up directly in the UI, in the Modules menu we have:
• Evernote clipping.
• Capture to PDF
• Sound and video clip capture
and many others. The ability to upload ANYTHING to a web page is by itself worth the purchase price.
Ok, it doesn't do Flash. And I can't convince much of anything to make iCab the default browser. But -- I've been using iCab for years now. Support is superb. If there's a bug, just send an email and it will be addressed. iCab is a vital part of my workflow, and I heartily recommend it.
Best Web Browser Hands Down
Still going through a few glitches from the last update. Opening pages in the background are still a little hit and miss. I do notice that if you open a link manually via context menu. That all subsequent links open in the background to match my settings of everything opening in the background. Even so, I love this app. It does everything I expect that it should and need.
Thanks for a great app in spite of Apples nonsense.
Only 3P browser worth anything!!!
This thing can do everything safari can't. Download videos directly from any web player. Load other pages while you view something else. Download in the background and most importantly, due to the number of times I get redirected to an ad site in safari-- filter/Adblock pages! So worth the money!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 22, 2014
- Version: 8.1.1
- Size: 10.2 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2014 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.