Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iCaching is an indispensable tool for geocachers with a Mac. Import, organize, manage, explore and export your geocaches with iCaching! A native, fast Mac App. Tested on Snow-Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion.
====== Import ======
Import GPX-files with geocache data straight from Geocaching.com from within the App. Or import GPX- or LOC-files by the import button, or drag and drop them into iCaching.
Each GPX-file will be imported into it's own folder.
iCaching also supports the Geocaching Live API. You can query the geocaching.com database straight from within iCaching.
====== Organize, manage and explore ======
Explore your whole cache-library with the special 'Library'-folders. View your founds, first founds, favorited caches and so on. Sort on all properties of the caches.
You can easily add folders and organize your geocaches with drag and drop. Each cache has only one instance in the database.
Extra waypoints (for multi's) are added to the cache and visible on the waypoints-tab.
Logs are added and sorted on the logs-tab. Every time you import a new version of the geocache, new logs are added to the loglist.
Other tabs display the cache metadata, offline descriptions and the cache-webpage.
View the cache(s) on a map with or without additional waypoints and/or your home-location. This map is interactive; select caches or waypoints on the map to view their properties in iCaching and vice-versa.
An extended search-pane helps you to sort out your caches by all properties of the cache. Save your search-filter as a Smart Folder, for later use of the same filter.
iCaching can contain multiple home- or centerlocations and calculates distance and bearing on the fly.
Add your own notes and like or dislike a cache. You can also add and remove favorite-points.
GCVote is build in. iCaching queries for GCVote on every import, and you can rate a cache on GCVote when you have a GCVote-account.
====== Export ======
iCaching can export to GPX and to a lot of other file-formats (e.g. csv, html, poi etc).
You can also export directly to a whole list of GPS-devices (Garmin, Magellan, DeLorme), including paperless devices like e.g. Garmins Oregon series.
To make usage of the entire range of iCaching functionalities you need a premium membership at geocaching.com
If you have feature-wishes or discovered something that doesn't work as expected, please contact us! You'll always get a response.
And of course: if you like iCaching, recommend it with a review!
In short, happy caching with iCaching!
What's New in Version 4.30
VERSION 4.3 (DECEMBER 2013)
== Improvements ==
- Speed gains in application start, import, export and cache deletion
- Progress of importing zipped files now shown as single import
- Solved pocketquery names with accents
- Deleting Folders now possible without deleting contained caches
- Several bugfixes
== New ==
- Import, export and recalculation of distance to home is cancelable
- Usersettings for the library-folders
- Usersetting for playing sound after finishing background task
- Duplicate existing smart folder
VERSION 4.25 (October 2013)
- Several bugfixes
iCaching 4.25 is Mavericks compatible
VERSION 4.2 (September 2013)
- Improvements under the hood for speed and stability
- New (finally!) fullscreen mode for the mainwindow and the Map window. (Lion or higher)
- Rightclick option on the cachelist to refresh a (selection of) cache(s) through the API. (premium members)
- Added download of corrected coordinates entered at geocaching.com through the API
- Added download of user notes entered at geocaching.com through the API
- Fixed a serious crash some users suffered from when adding Homes or (Smart) Folders
VERSION 4.1 (JULY 2013)
- Fixed: manual center location and include my founds in API dialog
- Llittle bugfixes and optimalisations
NEW IN VERSION 4.0 (MAY 2013)
- Added support for the geocaching.com API.
- Enter your account in a new preferencespanel
- A complete makeover of the pocketquery dialog (premium members only)
- A new Import API dialog for live querying the caches on geocaching.com
- From the Info Tab you can add and remove favorites from caches (premium members and Lion or higher only)
- A new 'My favorited Caches' folder in the Library (premium members only)
- A new 'My Caches' folder in the Library
- Refresh cache availability from the cache list
- Set cache-location as new home location
- Better support for Opencaching.com and opencaching.de files
Great Geocache management tool
I started using iCaching a few weeks ago (been a geocacher for 5 five years and used GSAK until a few weeks ago, when I finally got tired of booting into Windows from the Mac and searched for an alternative). I think iCaching is a great tool to use. It has an easy to understand interface and the smart folders have many options for sorting your caches. I do think there are some features that can be added (or maybe I haven’t really learned how to do everything yet), but this app is definitely off to a great start! I find the price to be very reasonable for such a robust app. I’m a fan!
FINALLY! For OSX
I saw the reviews, downloaded and have played with this for three day. We finally were able to slice and dice a "my finds query" to enable logging a challenge that we found quite awhile ago. Emailed the devloper with a question and had an answer in less than a day. From the feedback we can only see this App growing to rival GSAK. Finally a great tool on the Mac for Geocaching! Well done.