Do you create apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch or iMessages?
Are you tired of having to make so many different images every time you make a new app or change the icon?
Do you know how many icon files you have to create for each platform? Look at these numbers...
• Mac apps require 10 icon files.
• iPhone apps require 9 icon files.
• iPad apps require 10 icon files.
• iOS Universal apps require 15 icon files.
• Apple Watch apps require 8 icon files as well as the iOS icon files.
• Sticker Pack apps require 13 icon files.
• iMessages apps require 9 icon files as well as the iOS icon files.
The images have to be exactly sized and formatted and they have to be installed into your Assets library in the correct locations.
But you don't want to have to work all that out for every app and every icon change!
Why not let Icon Builder do all the boring stuff?
Create & install the icon files you need in just 3 steps:
1. Drag an image into the window.
2. Select the device family.
2. Click the "Create icon assets" button and choose the folder containing your xcodeproj file.
Icon Builder will create all the image files at the correct size depending on the selected device family and minimum system version. These will be saved to an iconset folder and installed into the Assets.xcassets of your Xcode project.
For Apple Watch and Messages apps, the structure of the project is slightly different but Icon Builder works it all out for you and saves all the required files to the correct locations.
If you are not using Xcode, you can save the icons to a folder and add them to your project manually.
This app can also create the icns files that were used for Mac apps before Xcode 5 or 6. These are still useful for document icons and other IDEs.
Support for macOS Mojave dark mode. Use the Window menu to switch between system, dark and light modes.
Extra icons for watchOS app to support Apple Watch Series 4.
Ratings and Reviews
worked great, fast
this worked slick, just like it said it would do, drop one image on it, then just drag the ALL new images at once it made into your asset catalog and drop them DONE!!! well worth the money!
1. The application window size is not adjustable. The buttons hide behind the dock and are very hard to interact with. Please fix.
2. It’s not suitable for iOS 8. Please update.
3. The generated small icons are extremely blurry.
4. So far I would like my $3 back as the application is useless as is.
Doesn’t build the correct image sizes
When exporting them directly to a folder containing an Xcode 6.3 project, it causes the project to have compilation warnings and errors — I had to manually resize each image to what Xcode expected. Manually adding them into Xcode caused the same problem.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.